Wednesday, June 04, 2008

CDR, the Beach, Rozzee's visit, and Daddy TV

Well, here I am playing catch up again on pictures, so this kinda long. What else is new, right?? For those of you who have been asking for belly shots, I am not comfortable enough to just take them in the mirror like Amber. I just ain't feelin' it. :) But, you will find proof on here that yes, I am definitely looking preggo.
As those from CDR can attest to. I made the trek up to the Piney Woods of East Texas for the 50th reunion at Camp. Loved every minute! And man, was it hot. R stayed home for some Daddy time so she wouldn't have to make the 6 hour drive twice in two days. Here is a shot of all those there that worked on staff in the 90's. My pic of the 2000's was really blurry for some reason unfortunately...
Here is my sweet Alli... one of my favorite people on the planet. (wish this wasn't so blurry!) I was the counselor in her cabin a couple years in a row, then she was on staff after I "retired." She loves camp as much as I do, and it was GREAT to see her... and her sweet belly of twins! I couldn't be happier about her becoming a Mommy of two!! Little Jake and Mallory will arrive at the end of the summer, and they are really blessed with a WONDERFUL Mom.
There were 7 baby bellies there that day, so we took a pic in order of due date. Notice, I am at the "living end" of the picture, but you can definitely see the pooch. I was 10 weeks on this day! Huge. I have big babies. Almost to 12 weeks now, so just imagine that belly 20% bigger...
Here are all my "old" girls from back in the day. Several of us stayed the night and were up in the bath house talking until the wee hours of the morning. Just like old times. It was fabulous. Love all you ladies!!
The first year Susan and I camped together in 94, Donna was our counselor. (we set her up that summer with her hubby!!) I couldn't love her more. Funny, we talked about how we really only spent 2 weeks of our lives together almost 15 years ago, but it is amazing the bond we built. I so very enjoyed getting to spend time with her... she hasn't changed! I owe so much of my spiritual growth as a teenager to her, and as a staff member, I mimicked everything I did after how she was with us. Love her.
The crowd Killi Anthem. HAIL DEAR OLE DEER RUN!
When I got home, we stayed the rest of the weekend in Galveston. R hadn't been to the beach since she was itty bitty, so she wasn't really sure. She ran out in the water first thing and seemed to like it...
... then, guess not.
So, she found solace playing in the sand where the waves wouldn't reach her.
Cutie girl with her bucket.
Fun in the sand with Daddy and Brenna.
I think Aunt BB enjoyed making the sand castles as much as R did!
Pretty much the same picture as the other one, but I couldn't decide!
We drove the golf cart to and from the beach house. R called it the "funny car."
When we got home, I pulled out her pool and was preparing for a fun day outside. Still in her pj's, she climbed in it in the living room for a tea party. Random pic, but I thought it was cute!
Fast forward one week... David's cousin from Kentucky came in town, so we all met for dinner. Here, is R giving Baby Cousin Austin sweet kisses. ;) awwwww...
And sweet kisses for Cousin Justin. I love this picture.
Reagan and I have had the greatest week so far... Rachel and Roselyn (Rozzee) came to visit! They left today, and man, DRAMA! R is so sad... asks "where'd they go?" like every 2 minutes! But we had so much fun. Monday morning, our library had set up a little petting zoo for free. I'm all about free fun stuff for the kiddos! R wasn't so sure at first, as you can tell by her face in this one...
But the "BIG turtle" did the trick. She LOVED him, then was all about the other animals.
Squeals as this goat was nudging her!
See Roselyn's cute little hat back there??!!
Cutie girls. This was so much fun.
Back to the big turtle. R had to specifically tell him bye when we left.
Little baby goat. She LOVES baby animals right now.
(I just love when little kids squat!) The bunnies were SO soft!
I bet this horse looks big to them! R had never seen one for real, so she really liked the "Neigh." They even got to brush the pony!
"Check this out, Mommy!"
We went in to cool off at the library and read a few books together.
Then at home, Rach did some reading too! I love this pic, especially how Roselyn is leaning in...
It was HOT, so what better to do than play in the water outside?!?! R was dragging her through the sprinkler.
They didn't like to stay near for long, but seemed to enjoy the spray for at least a little bit at a time.
I wish R's face wasn't in the shade... it was funny. This was after dragging Roz for another lap around through the sprinkler.
It's way fun if you turn your face away from getting hit too much!
Here they go again! I have NO pics of them in the kiddie pool for some reason, but that was way fun too.
Enjoying a little play time in the crib.
These next two sum up Reagan's fun while Rozzee was here... she grinned ear to ear the whole time. Thanks again Rach for making the trip! We miss you already...

My handsome husband is having a HUGE week this week... the shuttle crew he's been training for forever launched last Saturday. (Thank you LORD!) He is the lead EVA officer this flight, and they are doing 3 EVAs (spacewalks). They televise the whole spacewalk live (about 6-7 hours) on Nasa TV and online HERE, with shots every once in awhile of mission control so we can say hi to Daddy. Then at the end of each EVA he holds a press conference to discuss the day. Here we are yesterday evening watching "Daddy TV" and waving to Daddy during the press brief. He has the coolest job ever, and I couldn't be prouder of him. He looks so good on tv and sounds so smart!! There is one tomorrow then another Sunday, so tune in if you are bored!! :) And can I just add something cool... on his way home from work after the press brief last night, he got a call on his cell... FROM SPACE!!! One of the EVA astronauts called his cell phone from the space station!!! How freaking cool is that?! Just to chat, congratulate him on the day, discuss the space walk, etc. Just another day at the office....
That's all for now. With David's crew set to come home end of next week, we are SO looking forward to getting life back to somewhat normal! OH, and ultrasound is scheduled for a week from Monday, so be thinking of your guess for either baby brother or sister!!


14 comments:

Amber said...

I think R's hair grows 2 inches between every post! You do have a big ol baby belly! In a very beautiful and cute way. Maybe you're just building a big strong man in there, or possibly an Amazon woman.

I can't believe you get your ultrasound so early, we had to "work they system" to get ours done already. Otherwise it wouldn't have been til June 23rd. Can you imagine waiting that long???

Tracy said...

It looks like yall are having so much fun!! I'm glad that your friends were able to come for a visit. It's fun watching your baby have fun with your bff's baby! :)

I love her pink and brown shorts by the way. I need to find a pair for me!

And hello! David has the coolest job! Talking to someone in space? Wow :)

Unknown said...

I'm hoping David tried the special trick and you'll have a little boy.

Cool stuff for his job, but I bet it will be nice to have him back after its all done.

Amber said...

OK, I just noticed David on the tv. My first thought was, "Cool tv...wait a minute!"

Marcia said...

Jodi how cute is your little tummy! You look too cute… I hope it is a baby boy in there!! I love love the pic of the tea party in the pool, R looks so sweet. We are going to Galveston this month...can’t wait. R looks to be having a great time. YEAH for David!! That is really a cool job; we have been watching and listening! LOVE YOU GUYS!

Mauri said...

Wow! you've been a busy girl! So glad y'all are having a fun summer. I think you should keep up the road trips and come on out to A-town! :) And holy cow. How cool is David. Good thing he married such a great gal that can keep up with the cool factor!!!

Melissa Taylor said...

It was great to see you at CDR. Your husband does have a cool job. I wish I was cool like him! I will have to flip to NASA tv to see if I can catch his press conferences!

Ashley said...

Just remember that at 13 weeks and 16 weeks Carley was a boy. It was until 19 that that she revealed her true gender. I hope that you get the truth the first time, but most of my friends who get them early end up having to take back bedding. :)

You look precious pregnant. Glad things are going well.

Emily said...

Glad you had fun with friends while Dave has been working. I love the animal print bikini- you need to get one for R too. :) I keep missing the other press conferences- bummer! Tell Dave we miss him, hope we can all hang out again soon. See you manana.

Julie said...

Really, could R be any cuter? She is just beautiful. I can't get over how expressive she is...but she is a Gray Girl you know. And yes, your husband does have the coolest job ever. How awesome is that...he gets a call from outer space. Rudy wants to know if him getting a call from India at 3am is cool too? ...not so much. And you are not big pregnant, you are just used to being a size 2 and there has to be room for that baby in there!! LOVE YOU!

Alli said...

Your baby bump is so cute! And I love Reagan's face when she is on the beach. You certainly know how she is feeling!

We so loved watching David in the mission control room and then the press conference. Yes, he did sound smart...because he is! It was fun showing it to my coworkers that day and actually knowing the guy in the back. :) We are all proud of him!

Love and miss you!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

love those two girls! I throughly enjoyed NASA tv or as R calls it Daddy TV. that was a lot of fun! and even though he has a cool job, you are still nerds! :)

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Wow, what times y'all are having these days! Loved the zoo pictures and how impressive that your husband gives press conferences! Love y'all!

The Speck family said...

A call from space is just the coolest thing in the world- how fun is that!??! Your little doll is adorable and you are an amazing looking preggo lady! Love, Kelly S.