Friday, May 23, 2008

Finally, Caddo Pictures! (here you go, Aric...)

My text is all underlined. No idea why.
Thank you all for your well-wishes about the new kiddo. I'll keep everyone posted on how things are, but in the meantime, we ask for your prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby! And one that immediately sleeps through the night and eats well and loves its carseat...
-
I finally got all my pics together from our annual Caddo weekend a couple weeks ago. Reagan had a BLAST, even if Daddy didn't get to come... again. NEXT YEAR! Anyway, fun with friends and family was too great not to go back and recap, especially since I have gotten some serious pressure from the Florida Bramletts. :)
This is what we do best... sit around and watch the kids have fun. It rocks. So weird that this year we were wearing sweatshirts! Thanks Aaron for loaning me one since I was NOT prepared!
Transferring these pics was weird, so sorry some are tiny. No idea. But R got her own big girl chair to sit around in too!
In the next several pics you will continue to see why R had so much fun. All her friends!!! Fun with Ella and the bubble guns! Evidently I caught her in the midst of a butt scratch.
Hanging out in the girl tent getting a makeover from Cassidee. Barbies and Makeup... what could be more perfect for Caddo?!?
Driving the jeep with Cass. Well, R is in the driver's seat, but I don't think they ever went anywhere. So, they hopped on the little 4 wheeler instead, but I believe the batteries were dead at this point. But hey, the little BFFs had fun anyways just pretending!
I just loved these pics of R with her sweet friend/mother Addison that I had to post all of them! Love that girl!


Now, Addison knows what she is doing with the jeep, so she took R for a drive. SO sweet!
Addison telling R to wave!
R must have thought those Bramlett girls could really drive, so she got sweet Katie to take her on the 4wheeler. I love how she is holding Katie's shirt on the sides...
And in these I love how Katie is driving with one hand and holding R with the other. This thing goes super slow, but she was protecting her anyways. So sweet!

As for R's good friends, it is hard to beat Granddaddy. This is her last year with her good friend Granddaddy spoiling her with treats...
... and this year with trips on the bridge. They always have so much fun together!

(I love the girls in the background....) 4-wheelers, the big ones at least, scare me. But she got to ride with Granddaddy because, well, he's Granddaddy!! She loved it.


Now, I say 4-wheelers scare me, but I was more than willing to let her ride the dirtbike with Aaron. No explanation, I have no idea. But Aaron's a pro, so I made her go against her will. She thanked me for it because she LOVED it!
Blurry because they are driving past me, but look at that smile!
Here they are making another drive by...
... and here comes another, with her waving at Mommy! Aaron was so sweet to take her... he is such a Joe made over. I love it. R now comments EVERYTIME we drive past a
"moh-woh-bye-koh" (motorcycle) on the road and asks for Aaron. Too sweet.
After a fun afternoon with friends, she was wiped out. Took a little rest on the stairs.
The next morning, Cass and R were SO happy to see each other again! Sweet smiles in the camper. Lap of luxury for Caddo!
Oh, her love affair with Meremy. She loves her Meremy.
Cass and R thought Charlie needed some company in the playpen.
Speaking of Charlie, how sweet is this pic of him laughing at Christy?!?! Such a honey. Both of them actually. :)

Last year, R was the one hanging out in the playpen and all the big girls visited her. Man, she got big fast! :)
More bubble gun fun with Cass!! I love how they squat...
FUN! This is a great way to spend $1.99 by the way. Oh, and when R sees this picture, she makes sure to point out to me that arm is "Meremy's". See, she loves him.
They also loved just sitting on the bridge looking at the yucky water. Thankfully, no one ended up IN the yucky water.
Granddaddy took us on a family boat ride! And by ride, I mean paddle around. But hey, he didn't make me paddle, so it worked for me! This was R's first time in a boat I'm pretty sure.
LOVE this pic with Grandmommy!! Cass was in the other boat during our ride, so they waved at each other. But we got them to take some photos after we got back.
LOVE this look on Cass!
Sweet friends holding hands...
So, Florida Bramletts, we really missed you guys! And my Amarillo group, we sure missed you too! Love to all! Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
-
PS. I could have sworn I took pics of my kid holding the snake, but I don't have them for some reason. Did any of you Caddo readers get a shot of her with the snake? If so, I am requesting it. It was a big one and she just drug it around like a toy. It was awesome.








7 comments:

Marcia said...

Love all the pics! Man she has really grown over the past year! GReat pics!

Amber said...

Love the pics!!!! I especially love the one w/ R and your mom. It's so cute and I love how you get pics of lots of people. Aric will be pleased!

Tracy said...

Love all of the Caddo pics. It's crazy to see how much your baby girl has changed in a year!

And I agree...Aaron is just like his daddy. Super sweet! He will always be the first to go out of his way to help someone.

Stacia said...

I just wanted to let you know how happy I am about your "spilled beans" I was catching up on blog reading and I'm so excited for you guys!! I'll be looking forward to hearing what you're having!!

Amber said...

jodi I love the pictures that you posted I wish I was there

Love sage

(typed by Sage)

Thanks so much for posting those, I loved the one where they are putting on make-up, so grown up.

Aric

The Speck family said...

Hey Jodi! Congrats on your wonderful baby #2 news- that is just awesome! I wanted to thank you SO MUCH for all your prayers and amazing encouragement along Bennett's journey....you were absolutely amazing and I just cannot express how much it meant to us. I look forward to keeping up with you more via blogland! Hugs, Kelly

Ashley said...

Man R is growing and growing. Loved the family picts.