Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Best Five Bucks I Ever Spent

The weather was great this week, so once Reagan's leg seemed better (she would grab her shin and tell me "Mommy, no ow-ie!"), I decided to break out her new swimming pool. Which means she got to wear one of her new swimming suits, which looked stinkin' cute on her!
Love the sunglasses too! Thanks Cass!
I honestly think she would have been content to just play in it in the living room. After I got it blown up, she had fun crawling in and out.
Thinking about which of her friends she should call to come swim....
This is blurry, but she was so happy! Sitting there in her straddle leaning against the back... so fun!
Even more fun with toys in the pool!

Check out this happy girl's look... :)
Splashing!!

Have to refill after splashing. This was her favorite part I think. She loves the hose.
Seriously, $5 for this thing = Complete happiness!

This was Daddy's idea. Thought we would try it out...
The bottom of the pool is padded too, so my little daredevil decided to try it out.

Here is her first attempt....

She LOVED it! Mommy didn't so much, so from then on I held her hand down the slide to slow her down a bit and help her "plop" in the pool. She was ok with that plan. Now, don't call cps on me about the video. :) It looked rough, but this is the face she had when she got up!
Another refill after each slide.
This was her idea! Fun!!!

This turned out to be her favorite method. Just gliding into the pool on her tummy. Mommy still put her hand on her back the whole way down.... I guess after the leg incident I am a bit over-protective....
A little swinging break. Seriously, our new set up in the backyard is so fun!!! I highly recommend it...

After a change of clothes and a nap, we came back out to play. It cooled off, and she did NOT understand why we were not back in the "mimmin poo...." But the bubble gun made up for it a bit.
She holds it with one had and pulls the trigger with the other. Hey, at least she finally figured out something that worked, Kendra! :)
Serious bubble shooting....
I just loved this one. She just looks so pretty...
Hope you are getting to enjoy the spring weather as much as we are! Come visit and play with us! :)


6 comments:

Melissa Taylor said...

I love kiddie pools - I wish my kids were still content with just that, but they are too big I guess. Looks fun. And, she is just so stinkin cute.

Marcia said...

I so wish we lived closer I would be right over!! Love all the pic!!! She is such a pretty girl!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

she is so cute, i can't wait to hug both your necks next weekend.

so glad to see her running and playing today! :)

love you
susan

The Timberframer's Wife said...

This has to be fast--someone just escaped from his diaper. Laura and I loved the slide video--that's what our do, too. Looks like y'all are thoroughly enjoying the wonderful weather. Y'all have a great weekend!

Tracy said...

FUN!! Love the video! :) I need to purchase a little $5 pool too! I think Bryson would love it just as much as R! (good thinking putting the slide in the pool!)

Alli said...

I am heading to Wal Mart or Target after church to get a pool! I pulled out Sammi's a few weeks ago and it had mildewed. Yuck! She did NOT think I was a cool mommy for throwing it away. Thanks for the great idea at the bottom of the slide!

I hope this week is a better one for you! Miss you!