Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers in my life! Daddies are just the best. :)
Take my Daddy for instance. I couldn't love him more. Daddy, thanks for all you are and all you do. Thank you for being the love of my life for 25 years, and for befriending the guy who took me away! :) I just love you more than I could say. I mean, when you were here for cancer treatment, you put up and took down my Christmas lights for goodness sake!
Reagan couldn't ask for a better Granddaddy. Thank you for always bringing her treats like you always have for me.
And this weekend, in addition to Father's Day, we celebrate Reagan's own Daddy being back!!! :) David has been preparing for Discovery's flight for about 2 years now, and here they are lifting off 2 weeks ago. You'll have to humor me a minute... I need to brag on my boy. :)
The guys on the left of the pic are on David's engineering team for the space walks, and the 4 folks on the right are astronauts on this flight. The two in the weird get-up are the space walkers Ron and Mike, and from this picture I gather they evidently will walk around during training in their "undergarments" they wear under the space suit. This was during one of their countless training exercises. Seems a little revealing, so enlarge this one at your own risk.
Here's David with Ron and Aki at the NBL, I call it "that big ole pool that was in Armageddon." Aki ran the robotic arm. David didn't train him. Not that you care.
Here are Ron and Mike during one of their 3 spacewalks in the last couple of weeks. David sits on mission control during the day, and he is kinda the go-to guy during the spacewalks.
And then, he does a press conference afterwards to explain their tasks during the day. I've shown this before, but my friend Kendra S got a pic of the tv with his title on it! Not the best pic of him, but still handsome as ever. :)
I absolutely love this pic. You SHOULD enlarge this one. :) He looks so official. This is his desk at mission control... you can see the EVA plate on the desk. I have no idea really what he does all day while he is up there, but it looks really complicated and smart. :) And this wasn't even during an EVA.
And today, they came home!! Safely, thank you Lord! We're going tomorrow to the welcome home party at the airforce base here in Houston when the crew flies in. This all means that David gets back to normal hours, normal life, and I am SO happy! But I am also so thrilled for this opportunity he had and what a fabulous job he did. Honey, really, you kick my butt. I couldn't be more proud of you! (He'll probably kill me for this whole post!)
I'll end with one of my favorite pics... it is my wallpaper on the computer. Reagan and I are blessed with the most wonderful husband and Daddy any girls could ever ask for... we love you!!!


9 comments:

Ashley said...

Such sweet pictures and such a sweet post. Love your Daddy and love learning more and more about David.

Miss you

Tracy said...

LOVE the post! You are so blessed :)

Good job, David! Everyone is so proud of you and really impressed by you!

Alicia said...

Cool pics!! I got a headache just looking at your work area with the computer and stuff. Such a cool job.

Unknown said...

Kendra had it on the channel when I came home that afternoon. Then she had to go take care of Levi, but I had the camera ready, and with the DVR I got the shot. I tried to get a better one, but that was the best I could pull off.

brianchante said...

Hey, I just saw your comment on my blog. I LOVE reading your blog and catching up on your life. I miss you girl. I promise I am getting better about blogging. I am a little sad to see you live in Houston maybe one day we can get Regan and Noah together =).

Marcia said...

AWE we are proud of you too David!! Love you guys

Krystal said...

Love this post. My Dad is very into the space program. When we were on vacation I showed him the picture of you and Reagan watching David on TV and I asked him if "he'd seen this guy before?" (Dad is addicted to the NASA channel.) He said "yes" and then I told him that he was your husband and his eyes nearly popped out of his head. He said "Wow!" He was very impressed, (and a little jealous too I think!)

Anonymous said...

How cool is all that?!? Dave looks so... growns up!

Anonymous said...

I'm not trying to be a party pooper; but in the pic showing the "line badges" that the NASA people are wearing, those badges should be blured out for OPSEC purposes.

Thanks,