Thursday, June 19, 2008

A fun week

We have had a great week around here. David has been busy getting things wrapped up from the shuttle flight, but we did get a couple days straight of his playing hooky to enjoy! R was very happy to have Daddy home. And let's just say she was less than pleased on Tues when he DID go in to work in the morning. I answered the question of "When Daddy home?" probably 50 times that day.
-
Anyways, here are some pics of what we have been up to. R is obsessive about stickers right now, and since he was home, Daddy made a great sticker book. You have to watch out around her... her favorite place to put stickers right now is in the belly button. And not necessarily her own.

Also really into coloring. All this craftiness makes me happy... she is getting really into "art" stuff and it makes me proud. Not sure if she will be left or right handed at this point, but she goes for the left a lot. And seems to hold the crayons pretty well!
These next ones are a bit out of order, but some of my favorite pics in awhile. Not really in need of an explanation...


Ok, I'll admit it. Lately, I have just found my kid irresistible. Some days she is just so beautiful and cute that I just can't stand it. I guess as the Mommy, I am allowed to think this. Or at least I hope so. So some of the pics I have taken lately are just because I couldn't resist her.



We had loads of fun at Brandon's swimming party. This is Reagan's attempt to get her swimming suit on by herself.
She loved the kiddie pool that was just her size!
I wish you could see Brandon's glasses... he looked so incredibly "cool!"
Here, he is showing me the bug he found. The kid is SUCH a boy! Love it.
Once again, she was having a really cute day in her pigtails. We had a fun-filled day with Daddy, even went out to lunch!
Goofy face!
You can probably tell where we are by the famous chips and hot sauce... yummy. R thought that Daddy's strawberry lemonade was particularly yummy too!
She is currently telling you that she had "cheese and oranges" for lunch.
Silly girl!
These next two are backwards... this was after the jump out of her seat...
... and right before! "I jump, Mommy!!!"
After nap, we got a snow cone treat! Man, it is WAY fun when Daddy is home!! :) This was a first for Reagan. The snow cone stand around the corner is going to be a VERY good friend to Mommy this summer...
So fun!!!
On Sunday afternoon, we went to the welcome home shindig for the astronauts at the airforce base. It was really neat, and PACKED. Thankfully, we were in the shade and there were lots of fans or I wouldn't have made it! We were at the very very back with the stroller, so this was the best shot of all of them that I could get with my zoom. (they all are sitting since gravity was not yet their friend...)
Blurry... but I got a close up of Mike calling David out and thanking him in front of everybody! You can tell he is looking back in the back at us... spotted David and took the time during his turn on the mic to say thanks and have everyone clap for him. SO PROUD!
Here's R listening very closely to the speeches. And that is David's friend Zeb with his little one right next to us. (for those of you who know the story, Zeb flew our plane when we got engaged...)
We had to wake R up from her nap to go, so she was still kinda tuckered....
Too bad she is so shy!!! She met David's friend Mike for the first time, walked right up to him, gave him a hug, then laid her head down on his shoulder and stayed there! Guess she could tell he is a Daddy of little girls too... it was really sweet! The planes in the background really intrigued R... she kept asking to go on a ride. Wish we could have!
It was Father's Day, and R had on her "My Daddy Rocks" shirt... very appropriate for the day! Of course I didn't get a single picture of it. But this one will do. ;)


8 comments:

Tracy said...

OK...well, I don't know the story about the plane and the engagement...so you will have to fill me in! :)

That little girl of yours is soooo pretty! No wonder you can't help but take pictures of her. You want to remember every moment with her. Her hair is getting so long!! I'm glad that Daddy is not so busy anymore and that yall were able to spend a few days with him!

Pam said...

OH that is so cute, such a sweet little girl! Cherish all those memories and keep taking lots of pictures, they grow up way too fast!

Ashley said...

SO sweet. R is really growing and changing.

What a great service NASA and David provide to our country. I really do believe it. You must be so proud.

I really do want to meet R very soon!

Emily said...

very cute pics- don't you wish daddy could be home all the time? B does too. hope we can hang soon.

Marcia said...

WOW R looks so BIG in the pics! She is such a pretty girl!!! So proud of David! Read my blog if you have time... we went to the space center this past week. Colby had a BLAST!!! I think we might get to see you guys this weekend right??

Mauri said...

SO FUN! Reagan has such a cool daddy, but I've gotta say that her momma is pretty cool too! I do have to say I feel so cool that I know someone that works for NASA. ;) Glad y'all are getting to enjoy some much deserved family time!

Melissa Taylor said...

Reagan looks so grown up in all those pictures. I guess she's ready to be a big sister; such a big girl. Your husband is so cool, and his job looks so cool. I wish we were that cool!

Kerry said...

wow...R is getting so big and even more beautiful!! you guys should be so proud.

im behind on catching up, so congrats on baby #2!!

-kilgore