Friday, April 18, 2008

My Little Jokester

Two posts in two days! Wahoo!
-
I am not a scrapbooker, so this blog is about as good as it gets for me. When it comes to "writing things down" in the life of my child, this is where it goes. So, she just had one of those "have to write that down moments", and I thought I would share.
-
At naptime and bedtime we have a routine where we talk about our day before we pray... "did you have fun painting with Mommy?", "was your bathtime fun with Daddy?", etc. Well, she has gotten where she will remember things from the day and asks to talk about them. Just now as I was rocking with her before nap, she stuck her tongue out over and over again, reminding me that we watched a lizard outside on a leaf this morning. I asked her what color that lizard was... and she got a little twinkle in her eye and said "Mink (pink)" with a smirk, then started cracking herself up! I laughed, tickled her, and said, "noooooo, it wasn't pink!" She went on with yellow, blue, red, pink again, just laughing and laughing! Then she sighed, said "green," then asked to go night night.
-
This is the account of Reagan telling her first joke. To this proud Mommy, it was a priceless moment. :)

7 comments:

Rachel said...

How precious! She is one funny girl. I love the video you posted last time, too. She is quite a character.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

she is so cute! what a sense of humor! she must get it from me. HEE! HEE! :)

Tracy said...

silly girl :)

that story reminds me of when addison told christy when she was little that the grass was purple...then started laughing.

funny little kiddos :)

Tracy said...

Just fyi...I was talking to my mom today and she said that she was looking at everyones blogs. She said that she was looking at yours and she just went on and on and on about how beautiful your "little jokester" is! I just thought you'd like to know that :)

allyo said...

She is too cute and has such a sweet personality! Wish we could get the girls together sometime...I think they would have a blast!

*Kendra* said...

Seriously, move to DFW! Can I be more annoying about that? :)
Love that little stinker! Can't wait to see yall in 2 weeks!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Her joke was great--and I'm sure it will carry over to other objects as well. Her reading was precious. Sweet, sweet girl!