Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

So, of course this post is forever long. Sorry. I just couldn't decide on what pics to put... you know how it is. But we had a great day today!!! Started out with a little pumpkin painting. She had NO idea what was going on at first, and I must admit that I thought I was crazy for even trying this! But here she is, examining her potential masterpiece...
I showed her ONCE that you stick the brush in the bowl then onto the pumpkin, and away she went!
She did NOT like it when paint got on her. I had to be right there on standby with a wet paper towel. She got over it more easily the more she painted, but still didn't like it. She doesn't like to be dirty at all! Here, she is showing me that some green got on her hand.
Then she switched to the pink paint. Such a girl.
It was so funny how hard she was concentrating! When she did Easter eggs, she concentrated a lot too. Guess she is going to be quite the artist! Even got the stem green a bit...
See??!! Had to get that spot on the side....
Now on to some white for a highlight or two...
Ta-da!!! All done!
Or at least I thought. I took it away and she was less than pleased. Wanted to paint Mommy's pumpkin too! So she got to work some magic on the big one also. I decided her work was way better than what I had planned for it anyways.
This morning I had her wear her tutu around for practice, so that maybe she would keep it on tonight. She didn't like it much at first, but then got used to it. Looks funny with her footy pj's!! She does this thing with putting her head on the ground... I don't know...
By the way, my cousin Julie makes these custom tutus and sells them. The pictures you are about to see will be proof that they are ADORABLE and that any little girl in your life would love this for Christmas! See her blog for details... (Julie, I had to cut this one down some so that she could walk in it!! Hee hee!)
Getting in some riding time while wearing the tutu! Tutu funny! :)
Showing off the costume to Daddy before we left for church tonight. LOVE this picture of my two favorite people!
Showing off her shirt and her beads....
... here's the close up.
She was scared of her candy pumpkin at first. So we had to practice with it as well. Shouldn't have wasted my time since she didn't care about it tonight anyways! But here, she is giving it a hug as they became acquainted.
"Why is there no candy in here?!"
So we went to chuch to help out that situation. They had an outdoor concert thing with booths set up for the kids to trick or treat. We sat in the back of the car for a ChickFilA picnic first.
Of course Mommy had to get the bow just right before she could reveal herself to the world!
Off we go! (Notice that Tweety Bird has spotted the very cute little ballerina coming up and is making her way toward us...)
Whoa!! Reagan DARTED back at me and was scared to death of poor Tweety who was just being nice! It was hilarious. I told Tweety that Reagan was sorry she was being such a baby. Blow this up to see her crying!
God painted a really nice sky tonight!
Here is the curb we had to step up, down, up, down, for quite some time. Man, that can be such a barrel of fun!
She was having WAY too much fun to stop for a picture with Mommy!
The divider between the grass and the playground rocks requires MUCH skill and determination to step over. You have to concentrate really hard. SuperGirl came to rescue Reagan and help, but we didn't get the camera ready before she darted off to save more children in peril.
Putting on her shoes for the 100th time after they came off in the rocks. Ballet shoes are NOT meant for playgrounds.
She was off to get in line for the hay ride. Thankfully she didn't care that we didn't actually go.
BIG swinging with Daddy through the parking lot! How great is this picture, really!?!?
Look closely at this one... you'll see the pouty face as we made our way back to the car when the fun was over. :(
Hope you all had as great of a day as we did!

12 comments:

Brandi said...

LOVE the tutu, already checked out the site...BUT I also want to know who makes the adorable shirts that Reagan is always wearing??
Hope all is well!!

martha crockett said...

I'm Alison Crockett's mom. I'm a travel agent, and don't recognize the resort in Cancun--looks sorta like the Flamingo, except for the pool. What was it? Always looking for recommendations on good properties in Mexico.
BTW, love keeping up with you on your blog!

Tracy said...

CUTE! love her in that tutu :)

I think my favorite picture is the one of David swinging Reagan. They always look like they are having so much fun together! ....Daddy's girl??? :)

Glad y'all had a great time last night!

Anonymous said...

looks like she had SO much fun! i love the supergirl picture, too funny! oh yea, and i loved your lasko comment on julie's page haha!

Kendra said...

Happy Halloweenie!!!
Super cute costume R! Check out Cassidee's blog later....she opted out of the tutu and picked another costume instead....

Lasiter Family said...

What a cutie you have on your hands. Love the tutu. You just can't make a boy look as cute in them!

Marli said...

Such a cute costume, for a sweet little girl!

Being a Star said...

Great Pictures. Marissa has been putting her head to ground as well in fact she is almost flipping all the way over...too funny. I will have pics up this weekend of marissa in her Lady bug outfit.
Love you and miss seeing you!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

love the tutu!

I predict she will be an artist one day or Craft Mama @ CDR!

the other day, Faith and I were playing Math. (not my first choice) I kept throwing her big numbers to multiple and she got all of them right. Actually I just said good job and didn't check the calculations ( be/c they were too hard for me.)

Could my niece actually belong to you?

Missy and i sat for awhile trying to figure out where she gets her math skills and are still trying to figure it out.

Unknown said...

I love the tutu also! Those ballet shoes are precious. I wish they had them in my size! The picture with Tweety is too funny. My child would be all up in Tweety's lap. He is only scared of the humans. And, in regards to you comment on my blog, I think Reagan is doing just fine in the clothing department. She always looks quite stylish! But you should know that Carters has some really cute Christmas pajamas (and Kohls has the same ones)! Gotta think ahead.

Tiff said...

She looks so cute in that tutu! And I love the picture where she is leaning back in her high chair while painting the pumpkin. Looks like you had a lot of fun. And I think I would be scared of that tweety too. :)

Rachel said...

I am guilty of always reading and rarely leaving comments, but you know I love your baby! I'll do better! I love the pumpkin painting idea! And her costume was adorable. Can't wait to see that girl in person!