Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Muy Bien

David and I got back late Sunday night from vacation in Cancun. Yep, just us, no Reagan. Let's just say it was a little traumatic on Mommy having to leave her, but it was SO good for us to get away for a couple of days. Thanks to Kendra, Cassidee, and Reagan's Grandmommy, Granddaddy, Poppy and Gigi, she was WELL taken care of and had a blast! Thank y'all SO much! Made my leaving the country a little bit easier. (until this trip I had been away from her at most 12 hours. Yeah, it was time.)
Being the good Mommy that I am, our camera was in the diaper bag like it always is. Unfortunately, it stayed in the diaper bag and we left for Cancun. So we have NO pictures from our trip. None. Although I must say, we just aren't that into taking pictures of ourselves anymore. Who really wants to see that when there is a beautiful baby! And honestly, with the World Wide Web, there are pics to remind us of the absolutely gorgeous place we stayed at.
Most of their beach was washed away in the last hurricane, but they have these "fake" beaches up off of the wall with chairs, hammocks, and BEDS even! It was awesome! Those of you who know me well... let's just say that I was happy as a clam. Put me on a beach with sun, a comfy chair (or bed in this case!), a yummy umbrella drink, a good book, and I am in heaven! This time my hubby was content with just the same, so we just hung out for 4 days. It was fabulous.

I highly recommend this place. And I highly recommend the getaway long weekend with the spouse. It was glorious. Now, I have to get back to reality and get some stuff done before Reagan wakes up from her nap. Oh, and of course I will have Halloween pics to post soon! Yay!

7 comments:

Hollie Reese said...

I am jealous! How fun! That is great you got the chance to get away.

Tracy said...

looks beautiful! :) i bet yall had a great time. and i agree, you just need to get away just the 2 of you every once in a while. remind you of why you fell in love with each other in the first place! ...glad yall had fun!

amie said...

What a nice treat for you and David!! Even without your camera you still posted some great pictures!

Tiff said...

That looks amazing! I think I will dream of Cancun tonight! What resort is that? I can't wait to see the Halloween pics!

Mauri said...

How fun! You deserve a getaway. And I bet Reagan enjoyed a good spoiling! Can't wait for the Halloween pics!

Jen Mall said...

I am so jealous of your vacation! Reagan is so cute! I really see a lot of you in her. I love getting to see pics of your parents on here too! Call me next time you are in town...we could do lunch (maye somewhere nice, like McDonalds!)
JP

Unknown said...

I can relate to being a total and complete wreck the first time I left Jackson (which wasn't really all that long ago). I would cry just thinking about being away from him. A little alone time is always a good thing. The kids are fun, but sometimes you just need some adult time. Your hotel looks beautiful! Can't wait to see Reagan in her Halloween gear!