Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Teacher's Dream

Ok, I usually use blogland to boast about my precious Reagan and what a delight she is. I usually just have pictures of her and write about her newest tricks, funny things she did, people she saw, etc. But right now, I need to brag about some other kids besides my own! Actually, I kinda claim them as "mine." I do not have their permission to do so, so hopefully
they won't care!
Last weekend, David, Reagan, and I went up to the Metroplex to attend the high school graduation of some kids I had in Algebra class in the 8th grade. I have said it countless times since that year that this particular class was a teacher's dream. Seriously, the best kids you could possibly think of to have in class and get to know... I had a room full of them. Several, I have been lucky enough to keep in touch with even though I moved to Houston that summer when David and I got married. Here is that class on the last day of school, 2003.
This is Ryan, 4 years ago. He initiated a "going-away" surprise for me from the whole class... a mini-helmet signed by Troy Aikman! A Cowboy's Fan's dream!!! (I cried a lot before this picture was taken.) Ryan is one of the most talented, funny, smart, optimistic, amazing young men you will ever know!
Here are Ryan and Patrick (another one of the smartest, funniest, most talented young men ever... you get the idea. Seriously, they are just great.) presenting me my prize. :) And guys, if you are reading this by chance, I hope you can read right above Ryan's head on the board. Another reason this pic is so special to me... click on it to see it better.
And here is Ryan, all grown up, last Thursday night at the Top 20 banquet. I was lucky enough to have him invite me to attend this honor banquet as his Most Distinguished Teacher. Not sure what that all means, but he sure did make me SO proud.
Here's Randi, another one of my favorites from 4 years ago. She too is just one of my favorite people EVER! I can't brag on this group enough! Not only is she super smart, but she can kick butt in basketball!
Here is sweet Emily. She is the little bitty one I am hugging in the class picture above... she grew in the last 4 years!!! This one would kick my/your butt in tennis.
Me with Patrick, Randi, and Ryan... all graduating at the top of their class.
Y'all, I am so proud of you. There are no words to tell you how special you are to me, or how special you have made me feel. When I went into teaching, my dream was to maybe matter to at least one student someday; thanks for making me feel as if that dream has come true. Congrats on amazing years as students, and congrats on amazing futures you have ahead of you! I look forward to saying "I knew you when..."! Love you guys!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so great! You obviously made a huge impact on their lives. Such a fun experience for you to go back to see them as they graduate!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Precious times!

Anonymous said...

Aww! I know you made a super teacher! Maybe one day after Reagan is old enough to watch her brothers and sisters... ;)

Marcia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcia said...

Awe Jodi that is so cool! You really impacted their lives. You should be proud of your self and them. Love u

Ashley said...

I love teaching stories. We have such a worthwhile job! Sweet post and sweet pictures

Anonymous said...

Jodi, I knew from the minute I met you that you would impact the world - and look at the difference you are making. I haven't seen or heard from you in so long, after reading your blog I realize how much you have impacted me. You are simply a godly young lady that will affect the world for Christ. I love you for that. It is great to see your growing beautiful family. Now that I've found your blog I will certainly keep up with all your worthwhile adventures. God is using you. Thanks for the encouragement in your blog.

Tree

Anonymous said...

Jodi, this brought tears to my eyes! How great for you that you truly made an impact on their lives and they did not forget that! So neat to see them grown. I know many of them will surely keep in touch with you....we all remember those great teachers that we loved. And you are one of those!