Thursday, February 08, 2007

Sweet Greemy

Everyone, meet Jemmetta Beaver. Greemy to the rest of us. Isn't she beautiful!? (She is resposible for the blue eyes Reagan has.) This picture is such a treasure to me. It lives up on my mantle, but I wanted to share it with you. Greemy has loved me as her own from the moment we met, and this picture reminds me of that each time I look at it. Brenna still has the pics of Greemy with Reagan, so I don't have those to share yet. But I will be forever thankful for our trip there over Thanksgiving when Reagan and Greemy met and loved on each other.

Greemy got to go to heaven on Tuesday. David and the family will be heading up to Kentucky tomorrow for her memorial services; Reagan and I are both sick and have to stay home.... no way the baby could take the plane rides. I am way beyond sad about this, but we will do our best to be there in spirit. Of course our hearts are so very heavy having to say goodbye to such a fabulous friend, but our loss is DEFINITEY heaven's gain.

In 2005, Greemy wrote and published a book about her life. This woman lived life to its fullest... an entire chapter in the book is dedicated to her world travels. For example, she and David's grandpa went to Egypt 3 times! Anyways, in her wonderful way, she tells of her life well-lived. You only have to read the first and last pages to get a feel for how wonderful she was.

It starts, "The year was 1920. Two very important events took place: I, Jemmetta was born, and so was the 19th Amendment." (woman's right to vote)

And ends, "I am affiliated with a spirit-filled church that overlooks my failures and encourages me to do what I am still able to do. I love God with all my heart, soul, and mind, and sincerely try to love everyone as I should. But beyond a doubt... the best is yet to come!"

Well, Greemy, you are truly experiencing the best right now, and I know it is a great party up there! You've left quite a legacy that I am truly blessed to be a part of! Miss you.... LOVE you!

5 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

What legacy's we have in our lives! I have been reminded in recent days that the these women "Mom and Greemy" should be reminders to us to live our life to the fullest and to leave a legacy for our family. Does the mean San Diego is out? Or am I off a week...email me the latest.

Pearson Family said...

Such a sweet post, Jodi! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!

Unknown said...

Jodi, I am sorry for your loss. You and david always had such great things to say about Greemy. We are praying for safe travels and good health! Please let us know if you need any help.

Unknown said...

What a sweet post and a sweet tribute to Greemy! I will be praying for your family.

E-mail me sometime at katya0026@hotmail.com. We need to get together when you and Reagan are feeling better. I kept wishing last Wednesday that you would have an urge to visit Toys r Us while I was there waiting and waiting. Let's take our kids somewhere fun sometime soon!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Will be praying for y'all's family--such an encouraging tribute!