Wednesday, February 21, 2007

California Girl

Man, after being in San Diego for a week, it makes it hard to come back to Houston!! We took a much needed vacation last week and had a WONDERFUL time! Actually, Reagan was on antibiotics for an ear infection, I was on antibiotics for a sinus infection (which I had a horrible reation to.... hives are hideous), David came home sick, my dad came home with a stomach bug, and we STILL had a great time! Amazing. We took tons of pics, some of which I plan to make into a board book for Reagan, but here are the highlights.

Reagan learned this new trick while we were there. She is still not quite crawling, but she does this all the time now, sticking her butt up in the air. It is too funny. She also cut another tooth in California! Made for a rough couple of nights, especially with the ear, but we survived it. :)
This was just a sweet pic with her Daddy that I just loved.
Here, we are having breakfast on our balcony. This is the fabulous view from our room. The weather was spectacular and the scenery gorgeous. Reagan is such an outdoors kid... she loved it there.
David's cousin Scott Beaver (actually he is his "double cousin"... first cousin on both sides... so cool.) lives in LA and drove down to see us and meet the kid. They really liked each other.

For the last half of the week, my parents flew out to join us. Worked out great for us because they helped out with the kiddo, worked out great for them because they GOT to help out with the kiddo! You can tell from this pic that they are some pretty proud grandparents. :) Couldn't take their eyes off of her!

Granddaddy fed her lunch while we ate at this little taco diner. It was dirt cheap and SUPER yummy, right across from our resort. Reagan had Gerber squash. Too bad for her.
We found a little coffee/ice cream shop around the corner. A combination that I happen to love! Every place close to us had outdoor dining which was so fun in the great weather, so we ate outside a lot.
How cute is this!!!?? She was holding Grandmommy and Granddaddy's hands... while checking out Grandmommy's bling!

The highlight of the trip was our Zoo trip on Friday. Again the weather was perfect, so we had to buy a little hat for Reagan to keep the sun out of her eyes. It was a GREAT find at the gift shop, and she was too dadgum cute in it!
Reagan saying hello to Josephine the Orangutan. We got lots of pictures of animals for her zoo book I am making, including the pandas! She came home with a stuffed panda that she is now pretty attached to. I forgot to upload the panda pics, and you bloggers out there know that it is hard to get it in now without messing up the chronology! But we did see them...
Cute girl in her cute hat!
We stopped to eat lunch... Reagan sat on the table and ate her plastic keys. Good times.
Baby girl missed the second half of the zoo. Good thing we took pictures for her! She was so cute snuggled up with daddy and her Snugglie in the Baby Bjorn.

The beach was pretty breezy, so we only took her down there at the end of the week when her ear was better. We sat out and watched the sunsets, just putting our feet in the cold water. Can I point out that Reagan weighing almost 18 lbs has started giving Mommy some muscles! If you look closely, you can see a bicep! :)

Another sweet picture that I love, this time with Granddaddy on the beach.
Lastly, I had to post a pic of the beautiful sky God painted for us each night. It was a great end to our great days. Seriously, coming home from vacation is kinda depressing... like when Christmas is over!!





6 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

So glad you were able to enjoy it! Sorry you all got sick but glad to see it didn't keep you down. Reagan is soooo sweet! I loved hearing her little personality over the phone yesterday-she is one crazy little girl. And I love her!

*Kendra* said...

FUN!!! Looked like yall had a blast! Can't wait to see yall--hopefully spring break will work out....love yall!

Anonymous said...

I have this favorite picture of me at the zoo when I was 2 or so... I have my hand up against the glass, and so does the orangutan on the other side. :) Good times!

Ashley said...

So precious, it made me want to cry. I love all 3 generations of you family!

Amy Pennington said...

Jodi,
I saw your link on Marcia's blog and had to check it out. Your family is darling. Come check out my blog sometime. I love all the pics you took...scrapbooking heaven! We are about to take our family vactaion to southern california in a month and are very excited after seeing your pics.
take care...Amy (graves)Pennington

Unknown said...

Your trip looks like so much fun! I would never have guessed that any of you felt sick. Reagan's hat is so cute, and she has such beautiful eyes! You look GREAT, by the way!