Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Curse of the Peter Pan


If you don't already know about the recall on Peter Pan peanut butter, let this be a huge warning to you to do some research and THROW YOURS AWAY!! The news story came out on this while we were on vacation, so of course we didn't get it. Mom mentioned it briefly, but not enough to make me remember when we got home. So, after my yummy sandwich last Friday morning, I spent Friday night in the ER with what we believe to be salmonella poisoning. I was super sick all day with every horrible symptom of food poisoning imagineable, and got so dehydrated that poor Reagan had no milk. (still struggling to get it back... a little worried about this.) David came home from work early on Friday so I could be in bed and he could keep the baby. By Friday night, I was so bad that we decided to head off to the emergency room. Some friends from church came to be here while Reagan slept, then David's sister Mary relieved them later that night and spent the night at our house. We were so blessed to be able to leave her and not drag her to the hospital! (We saw folks in the waiting room who weren't so fortunate, and their kids were so miserable. Made us count our blessings.) After 2 liters of saline IV, a Zofran IV to keep me from throwing up, a prescription for antibiotics, and 7 hours later, we came home to go to bed about 5:00 am. Presently, my fever is down and my stomach is better. Thank you Lord! But I just thought I would share my story to make sure everyone that reads this checks their pantry for their peanut butter jar. Ours was 3/4 eaten, but I still got it. So beware!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry! Don't throw it away because you can actually get your money back for it. I know it isn't much, but after a trip to the ER, you deserve your $2 back! I am glad you are feeling better. We were actually worried about Jackson because he got sick after eating Peter Pan peanut butter, but his was just a stomach bug. Take it easy!

*Kendra* said...

After hearing the story again on your blog I still feel real sorry for you! Food poisoning is horrible, but salmonella??!!! UGH! Glad Reagan had good friends to take care of her at home! Can't wait to see you--Jeremy said "It's a go." Sounds like a NASA term... Funny!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Oh you poor thing! Hope you are feeling better-so glad you have people around you to take care of Reagan for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh no!

I feel so bad because I was just going to tell you what I told Jennifer Self, which was that my mom ate a whole jar of the bad batch with no symptoms... but that is no relief to you! :( Get better!

Ashley said...

Oh, I am so sorry! How awful! I hope you are better. Man, what a mess. At least Reagan didn't get it. Bless your heart.