Thursday, November 01, 2012

HALLOWEEN!!

Let me just say that I looooooooove Halloween with my girlies.  And I love the whole process of costumes... as long as they will let me, I will make their costumes myself.  It is just so fun!!  Makes me so happy, and maybe someday the girls will appreciate it too!!
The other thing I have to say is that I have way more pics of Brooklyn this year because her preschool class had a party.  Reagan's school doesn't do dress up of any kind... boo.
 
This is just a pic that cracks me up.  My mom brought these wigs for the girls to dress up in a couple of weeks ago.  Hilarious.
 My Pirate Princess and Peter Pan!
 Brook decided months ago that she wanted to be Peter Pan for Halloween.  I figure she is just another Cathy Rigby!!!  Reagan liked the idea of a pink and purple pirate "princess" to go with Peter, so we just went with it!  Here she is working on her skirt:
 
This is Peter at her/his Spooky Breakfast at school.
 She wanted me to take her picture drinking her chocolate milk.  Goober.
 We had a contest to see which parent could wrap up their mummy child the fastest.  Here is the winning pair:
 Class playing a Halloween version of "duck duck goose."

Classic.
 Peter with princess friends and Mrs. Melissa
 One of her favorite people... Mr. Scott. 
Sweet friends!!!  Audrey and Brookie
She told everyone:
"Peter Pan taught me to stand JUST LIKE THIS at Disney World!"
Ready to Trick or Treat Parade!!
 (some of these are from my camera phone... blurry as ever... but my real camera is fixed now!)
Time for the jack o lantern!!


 Needed some hair, evidently.
 Reagan drew the face, Daddy did the carving, Brooklyn did the decorating... I took pictures.  Collaborative effort!
Finished product!
 
Ready for Trick or Treating!!

 Reagan wanted a pose since Brooklyn had a pose.  Not sure WHAT that pirate face is about...  :)  And check out how Tinkerbell is hanging on for dear life... 
 So we got a real smile out of R but lost Tink...
 Our neighbors across the street go all out-scary.  The girls THINK they want to go see it, then always chicken out.  Mega-chickening-out following this pic.
 "Let's go to that house instead!"
 Running up the walk to the next house.  Seeing her run will NEVER get old!


 Checking out the loot! I was thankful that we ended up with a smaller stash this year.  Boring Mommy.
And just had to post pics of my AWESOME niece and nephew and their superhero theme.  Corbin's "look" just KILLS me!  And Adley looks like a gorgeous preteen... *sigh*.  :)  CUTIES.

Hope everyone had a great Halloween! 
*Update:  Brooklyn informed me today that next year she wants to be Ariel. "And Mommy, you can make me a tail that I can walk in and THEN wear in the swimming pool.  Then the NEXT year, I will be a donut."  :)

2 comments:

Mauri Westbrook said...

LOVE those girls. And I am so impressed with your costume makin' skills. See, Sing Song really is experiential learning. HA! But that makes them so special. You're a super momma!

Alli said...

ha ha, I love that she is already thinking ahead. She will make a cute donut in a few years! :) I agree, seeing her run will never get old! they were so precious and your costume making skills are amazing!