Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Character

Certainly don't need any body to publicly recognize my kid to make me proud of her.  But it certainly does make my heart swell to BURSTING when it happens.  :)
 
For the first 9 weeks grading period at school, Reagan's teacher gave her the "Character Counts" award for their class.  She was awarded a dog tag necklace, a big sign to put out in our yard (yeah, I'm that mom that put it in the backyard so we can see if from the kitchen table.... I just don't want the world to drive by our house and know that I have a really sweet, trusting, caring young kid living here!), and a certificate that says she was given this award "for always showing kindness to others."
 
 Reagan, to me, that certificate just says that you make it a habit of being Jesus to kids in your classroom.  And Mommy thinks that is just plain awesome.  I love you so much, and I love seeing you put your faith in action with your friends.  Thank you for being a sweet, kind-hearted, Christ-like friend to your classmates.  I am so proud of you!

It was pretty neat... there are 3 kids in Reagan's grade that all went to her church preschool together.  And all 3 of them got this same award from their respective teachers at the same time.  Pretty good representation of The Vine Preschool!

1 comment:

Alli said...

I'm not surprised at all with the award she got! She has a very good example in you! And I'd do the same with the sign. :) Go Reagan!