Monday, August 06, 2012

July Catch Up

I have a couple more bigger summer posts (camp, birthday, trips, etc), but these are the July pics from my phone while my camera was on the fritz.  My goal is to have it back in working order before school starts!!!  Can not BELIEVE how fast the summer has flown!  *sigh*
Our Reagan has made some BIG decisions regarding her faith in Jesus this summer.  We are studying and praying with her about her getting baptized.  Yes, she is just 6.  But in her six-year-old way, she GETS it, and she wants to respond to His love that she feels.  It is the best thing EVER to see this developing in her... she has been given SUCH a tender heart.  :)  This was one afternoon while Brooklyn was sleeping... I asked her to go read for awhile for some down-time, and she read this Bible to herself, cover to cover.  A few weeks ago we gave her her first "real" Bible.  She loves it; it's pink.  :)  But not quite as easy to read on her own, so we keep these handy.  Sweet girl.

 Donuts, the morning of her birthday.
 Brookie, playing with birthday playdough... more on that later.
 Reagan's birthday Legos!  She is IN LOVE with the new girly lego sets!  These sets are HUGE, like 500 pieces, and she sat and followed the directions, putting together the ENTIRE sets by herself.  Three of them.  SO her.
 Lunch date with my cuties at the mall.
This picture KILLS me with its sweetness.  I can hardly stand it.
 Then they got a little camera happy and silly. 
I love my life.
Brook, the photographer:
 Trading places:
 Silly gooses:






 In July, we got to go to Art/Science Camp (kinda like a VBS) at the church where Brooklyn goes to MDO.  It was fabulous!  A Noah's Ark theme, so all the activities were rainbow art projects, science experiments of weather and rainbows, animals, etc.  Greatness.  This was squirting colored vinegar into baking soda, watching the colors mix and the bubbles.  I recommend this for fun!

 Daddy pony-ride!
 Another day at Noah's Ark Camp... learning all about reptiles!  Brook petting the little snake.
 This one took right AFTER she touched the big snake!!
 Baby alligator!!!
 Their little arms were moving fast... this was a tortoise.
 Brooklyn's photography again, of her favorite subject.
 Annnnd... switch.  :)
 One of my July projects was to clean out my pantry.  It was about 2 years overdue.  I didn't get a before picture, but believe me it was terrible.  This was as I took everything out, cleaned the floors and walls, etc.
 This is the "after!"  Oh my word, so proud of this!  It was a JOB, but so worth it.  I have big plans for a few more similar projects at home...
 While I worked in the kitchen on one of days, the girls took apart all the couches and chairs and made a fort.  Always a winner.
 Evening bike riding!

 This is just to document swimming at Aunt Mary's house.  It's the only picture I have taken of this.  Unfortunately my camera phone is slow and took this right AFTER Etta had pulled Reagan's swim bottoms down...  :)
More summer fun to follow!

No comments: