Wednesday, May 02, 2012

The Yucks

Both girls have had a stomach virus the last 3 days.  I had to just document a little of it for my own future reading... because "we'll laugh about this someday," right?!  I've never had them both sick like this at the same time, and I'll be just fine if it never happens again.  But hey, at least it is shorter lived that way.

Just some of the highlights (and if you can't laugh about potty/gross humor, just quit reading now):
  • 5 middle of the night showers, 3 loads of laundry, 102 degree fevers for both all in one night
  • I was one of those 5 showers... after we got everyone back settled down, I found I had Brooklyn's puke crusted and dried in my hair and on the side of my face
  • Brooklyn's key phrase I've heard 1,376 times in the last 3 days, "Mommy, I NEED you."
  • Actually, it's also been "Mommy, I need you because... I need you."  She also has had every variation of something else she wants "I need a drink Mommy because I need a drink"  or  "I need my Mickey Mouse because I need my Mickey Mouse"  or  "I love you because I just love you".  Even when sick she can be adorable.
  • Reagan has been the sickest, and she has also been an INCREDIBLE patient.  That poor girl had 102 fever for 2 days with it coming out both ends simultaneously and SEVERE pain, and when done she'll just smile and tell me she's ready to lay down now.  A few years ago, the slightest sickness or pain would bring her world to a screeching halt.  This time, she has been an ANGEL.
  • The first time it went "south", I hear R yelling from the bathroom "I NEED NEW PANTIES! I NEED NEW PANTIES!!"  I ran in there to console her, and she was crying and apologizing... "I'm SO sorry Mommy! I thought it was just a toot!"  Poor baby. :)  Then I spanked her.  Just kidding.
  • Reagan told me she prefers when she just throws up water... because it just tastes like water.
  • Today, Reagan proceeded to spray the Lysol directly into Brooklyn's face and into her eyes.  It was because she "wanted to help get rid of her germs."  That was awesome.
  • Grammy was here, and she brought Tootsie Roll Pops.  The girls practically sang the Hallelujah Chorus.
  • R took 4 naps on Monday.  During one of those on the couch, she fell off the couch while dead asleep and landed directly on her puke bucket.  Has a semi-circular bruise from it on the small of her back.  Has to be a great way to wake up!
  • Brooklyn thinks antibacterial gel is just fabulous.  She was painting her legs with it earlier today. 
My camera is on the fritz (grrrrrr) and my camera on my phone is terrible, but here are the only pics I've taken: 
Brook asleep on the floor next to the couch, holding her snack cup of dry cereal.
Reagan at her hospital bed, the love seat.  Might be right before she fell on that puke bucket...
Armed and ready for action with her bucket.  Has to be the prettiest sick kid I've ever seen...

Presently, they are both smiley, laughing, and fever-free.  Praying it stays that way!  And praying that somehow I escape it... it'll be a miracle.

4 comments:

Alli said...

You poor thing! I've done two kids sick at a time before, & that is the WORST! I hope you manage to stay well.

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

I'm so sorry they were so sick -- the flu is the worst -- but I have to admit this post totally cracked me up!!! Brooklyn's "key phrase" and your spanking comment seriously had me laughing out loud. Too funny! Hopefully everyone is completely healthy now...including you!!

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

P.S. Are you on Facebook?

Mauri Westbrook said...

I am SOOOO Sorry everyone was so sick. But since I wasn't there enduring it all, I was able to laugh. So I know one day you will too! So glad you are documenting this. Makes me want to pick up blogging again.