Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easy Yummy Supper

Thought I would pass this along in case anyone doesn't know this little trick.  A friend told me to try this and it is fabulous.

Put a (thawed) chuck roast in the crock pot, about 2-2.5 lbs.  Add a can of beef broth and a package of taco seasoning. (I make my own taco seasoning... it is so much better than the stuff in the package, I think.)  Cook on low all day, 8-10 hours.  Then pull apart to use for soft tacos.  I used to always use ground meat for tacos, but this is WAY yummier.  And, then I freeze the leftover meat and use later for beef enchiladas.  So easy, so good.  Gotta love a crock pot meal that makes a lot and is so easy!  Try it!

2 comments:

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Making this today. Thanks for the idea!

Amber said...

I love using roast meat for enchiladas--makes it so much yummier!