Thursday, March 17, 2011

Severe Need to Freeze Time

The need to freeze time... well, that is kinda where I LIVE right now.  I think it is mostly because Kindergarten is right around the corner... lots of bittersweetness about that.  And yes, I just made up that word.  Anyways, both my little chickadees are at SUCH fun ages.  I echo what my parents have always said about us... that each new stage/age is my favorite (guess my folks did like me!).  Anyways, I have lots to post from the last week or so, but it'll have to wait until I can go through a million pictures.  But I had to write down this memory for my "scrapbook."
Reagan and I have been planning a "big girl" date to see Tangled again... she doesn't know it, but I was just waiting until it would get to the dollar movie.  She and I had said date on Tues, dinner and a movie just the two of us.  Remember how obsessed she was/still is with Tiana?  Well, we now carry the iTouch everywhere we go so she can listen and memorize the soundtrack of Rapunzel.  And I do mean MEMORIZE.  So, we are thoroughly enjoying the movie (I do believe it has officially trumped the Little Mermaid as my fave princess movie), and it comes to my favorite part... the lanterns. 
Reagan made it even MORE my favorite part by singing the entire song outloud... not that loudly, just kinda to herself.... where I had to lean down to hear her, but act like I wasn't doing it on purpose.  Be still my heart, I cried.  I mean, like ugly cried, the entire scene.  Don't ask me to explain why.  Because if you didn't know why without asking, you probably wouldn't get it anyways if I tried to tell you.  But let's just say that I love her to bits. 

Her little 4.5 year old self reminds me constantly of this song, Fireflies, which I heard for the first time while I was newly pregnant with Reagan.  I immediately got off my couch, got into the car, and drove to Target to buy the cd.  Not only is it a beautifully written song, and not only does Faith sing it BEAUTIFULLY, but the sentiment speaks to me of a Mommy to little girls.  My job makes me so happy.  Not sure why some people have a hard time with the love of all things "princessy" with little girls. Maybe you know why and can tell me.  But I love it.  I love dress up. I love the pretend royalty that constantly graces me with its presence.  I love the storybooks and movies.  I love that Reagan actually does sleep in her princess "castle" tent up on her bed every night. I try to keep it in perspective for them, the whole fairy tale thing.  But man, it is FUN to be a little girl.  And it is fun to be their Mommy.  And I pray that a true "prince" that loves the Lord first and my girl second comes along someday, so Reagan can sing this to him.  Or the Rapunzel lantern song.  Whatever.  :)

1 comment:

*Kendra* said...

I know what you mean! Love your sweet girl and love that I got to see you this weekend!