Sunday, March 06, 2011

Pigtails, Grandparents, Birthdays, and Ridiculously Expressive Kids

My parents came in town to see us because they are helpless against the begging of my children.  :)  The girls had been REALLY missing them, so they obliged and made the trip a couple weekends ago.  Here is a really happy Brooklyn, wearing our new favorite hairdo - piggies - , and her really happy Grandmommy right after they arrived.
 That weekend, we also go to celebrate cousin Austin's 3rd birthday at the Downtown Aquarium.  Thanks to a GREAT coupon, we got to enjoy all the fun stuff there.  Here is the view of the other ferris wheel bucket/car/thing from ours at the tip top!
 The other theme of this post is the expressiveness of my girls, especially Brooklyn.  (She can't talk, but she is a masterful nonverbal communicator, and you NEVER wonder what she is thinking.)  This day, the camera caught lots of crazy faces of my kids.  Here is Brooklyn spotting something really exciting and pointing it out to Grandmommy.   

 And clapping for it, whatever it was.
 Waiting in line for the shark train is fun when you have rails to swing on. 
 Family photo waiting for the train to start.  Not Mom's fault Brooklyn's face didn't make the pic... this lens isn't very wide-angle.  :)
 Group shot. :)  Certainly not the best of the girls.  It gets worse.  :)
 But I'll take this one!!!   Scrunchy-nose smile.

 Then there's the snarl...... this girl can make the funniest faces!
 You'll have to excuse me... I just had to post these because they make me laugh! 
Sweet Reagan-smile!
 Then there's this...
 ... and this little gem from R...
 ... and this one from B.
 This is a TAD better, I guess?!  They make me laugh!
 Again, seriously Reagan?!  Ha!  I do love the way B is looking at Grandmommy...  :)
Big claps and Big happiness!
 Reagan saw something she liked!!  B did too, is asking for "more."
 I love how she is patting her Aunt Mary...
 ... SO sweet!
 Reagan taking a peek at sleeping baby cousin Etta.  She is SUCH a great baby!  Would have been cooler if I had gotten a picture where one could actually see her!
 Except for the fact that my ride has me way up in the air so I look gigantic, I loooove this picture!  The girls love a good carosel ride! 
Enlarge it if you want to see the girls better (for family)... except for B's scrunchy smile, it is one of the first pics in a long time that I totally think the girls look alike.
 Again, sorry, there are lots of these.  But it was really cute.... B kept looking for Granddaddy as we went around each time, and it was SO fun to spot him! (I could just EAT HER UP in her pigtails!  Sheesh.)
Let me interpret for you:
"GRANDDADDY!!!"
On the other side of the ride:
"Where'd he go?"
"Grandmommy!  There's Granddaddy!!!!"
Around again:
"Where'd he go?!"
"THERE HE IS!"
(Reagan cutting her eyes... :) typical.)
"LOOK!  RIGHT THERE!"
Annnnnnnnd.... this is her I'M SO HAPPY, I'M GONNA DIE!  face.
I love it.  :)
So did Grandmommy.  :)
Goober.  Love her!!!
At the restaurant doing some serious coloring.
And getting tickled for beating Granddaddy in TicTacToe again!
Here are Austin and Reagan in the viewing window under the stingray tank.  So cool!
Brooklyn got in on this action, but never turned around so I could get her face.  But I LOVE Austin in this one.
Looking at them from the top this time.
Granddaddy helped Brooklyn touch them! 
Reagan however would have NOTHING to do with touching them.  I was trying to talk her into it in this picture, but nothin'.

Why an aquarium has a white tiger, I have no idea.  But still very cool!

Thank you Austin and fam and grandparents for a FABULOUS weekend!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Your girls are totally cute and I love ALL their faces, but I can't help thinking how great your dad looks in that color!

Jodi said...

Oh yes, my daddy is STUNNING in blue, especially that blue!

Megan said...

Your girls seriously make the best faces! Love it!

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Love all the photos!! They totally made my night. :)

Love, love the piggy tails...and I have to say I love the snarl too. So funny!

And your girls really do look a like in the merry-go-round shot (and you look great too by the way!)

Just wanted to check in on your Brooklyn, and I'm so glad I did. She is as cute as ever. Hugs to both of you!!!