Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Four my Reagan

You were the most adorable creature from the first time I saw you.... with those little legs (that had been pinned up in the pike position in front of your face for 9 months!) sticking straight up in the air.

Four years ago today, we celebrated your Birthday.  It was the day God gave me the most important job ever... of Mommy.  I'm so glad He gave us you.
Your first birthday... I got a little carried away.  Don't worry, you didn't stay in this for the party.   Although you did wear the coconut bra for the whole thing!


Your One Year pictures.... This smirk still gets me everytime!!
Your second birthday, you were well on your way to becoming Big Sister.  We had no idea at this point what a special job God had in store for you being Brooklyn's big sister, but now I know He has been working in you all along for it.  That spunk shining through is PERFECT.
Not only has God made you beautiful on the inside, but you're quite gorgeous on the outside too.  This picture of you on the day you turned 2 is one of my all-time favorites.  So pretty.
And then there is this side of you!  I love it equally!!!!  Crazy girl.
Right before Daddy took this picture, you said, "You're my bestest friend, Mommy!"

Turning 3, and of course sticking your finger in the icing.  This day it dawned on me how you were SO not my baby girl anymore. I told you that you had to stop getting bigger!  You told me, "but I'm gonna be fooooooouuuuuuuuurrrrrr!" in your best sing-songy voice.  And today it happened.  You were right.  :)
Punkie.  :)

This picture describes you to a tee!  :)
And today, I celebrate you again, sweet girl.  Thank you for making me Mommy.  I have by no means been perfect these 4 years... you know that.  But we learn daily together!  I constantly see God continuing good works in you, and it thrills me to think I get to keep witnessing all He has planned for you.  The picture frame you made is SO right... you are His masterpiece.

I love you beyond words, Reagan Noel.
"Be strong in the Lord
And never give up hope.
You're gonna do great things,
I already know.
God's got His hand on you
So don't live life in fear.
Forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here.
Take your time and pray...
These are the words I would say."

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I love this post! :) Can't beleive that she's 4 already!! She is such a pretty girl and she's lucky to have you for a mommy :)

Natalie said...

Love the post! We have loved getting to see Reagan grow up from the very beginning and feel blessed to have you guys in our lives. Thanks for sharing her with us!

Alli said...

Such sweet memories! Happy birthday, Reagan!

Alli said...

Beautiful words for a beautiful girl! Reagan is so blessed to have you for her mommy. Happy Birthday, Reagan!