Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter Pics... a Week Late

Making Easter egg cookies. Gotta love Nestle. :)
As always, much concentration.
Hers looked like this. :) I forgot to take pics of her coloring her eggs this year! Bummer.

First thing that morning, looking at their Easter prizes. It was purely by accident that she wore Christmas pj's on Easter. Hey, we can celebrate Jesus's birthday that day too, right?!
This girl LOVES her some Pez! She ate Brooklyn's too, but I don't think B minded.
We rarely take family shots, and since I hardly look at all 4 of us at once, it still looks weird to me in this picture. I was sad we waited until after church for pictures... beforehand everyone's (mine and Reagan's) was all fresh and pretty. Oh well. :) We would have been late to church had we stopped to try and use the timer on the camera.
Of course, our always-smiling Brooklyn decided something was WAY too worthy of her focus. No smile.
I found I liked all the sister shots for different reasons, so I just had to put them all. Sorry. :)




I especially love their expressions in this one:
These cousins look pretty cute and innocent, don't they?!
Then Austin kept trying to escape....
.... which Reagan found to be HILARIOUS.
(insert sinister laugh) "HA HA HA."

When the papparazzi is in full effect, it never fails that flashes go off at the same time. I was sad that happened on this one in particular since Austin and Reagan's looks were so cute!

Brooklyn thought Uncle Turbo was pretty funny!

Aunt Mary snuggling with sweet Brooklyn.

This one is a tad out of focus, but man, doesn't she just look so pretty?!?!

James and James Austin. (thanks for sharing your pics with me, Mary!)

James found this method to be beneficial to Austin's egg finding.

Austin, trying to eat the plastic since his Mom wouldn't let him eat any candy.

Brooklyn slept through the egg hunt, which was fine by me because I love when she sleeps in the sling! So sweet!

My beautiful girl.... well, one of them, anyway. ;)

God really gave us a gorgeous day!

I look forward to next year when I can get both the girls in matching dresses. Who knew it was so hard to find them in 3-6mo and 3T?! And, more than that, I look forward to being able to talk about the real reason we celebrate Easter more. R got it as much as one can when they are 2..... she talked all the way home from church about the girls who went to see Jesus, but He wasn't behind the big rock. For now, it was just a special Sunday for us to be extra thankful for Jesus and tell Him we love Him. I'm cool with that! :)

12 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Did I miss a hair but post???? Super cute! Looks like Easter was fun.

Jodi said...

OH! It has been over a month, so it is old hat to me. I did not put a "hair but" post Paige, but yes... chopped 12 inches off. I'm not a fan of short hair on me, but it'll grow. Felt great to mail it for Locks of Love. :)

Alli said...

Love your new 'do! You can do both long and short wonderfully! I'm jealous. :)

Those were some great, precious pictures of your beautiful girls! Glad you all had a great Easter.

Amber said...

You have some beautiful pictures in this post! The one of you and the sling is one of my favorites and I like your short hair. 12 inches, wow!

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIRCUT!!!! And Locks of Love... you're such a great example to your kiddos. :) Love you!

Tabby said...

You are right...all those pictures of your girls are perfect! They are so precious! Looks like Brooklyn's first Easter was great!

Alli said...

Beautiful family & I LOVE your hair!!!

Ashley said...

I love your hair!!!! Happy Easter, friend

Addison said...

Yeah, I was like the rest. Couldn't help but notice the hair first. Looks cute. We all know that it will grow back in about 3-6months. Lucky!

The girls looked precious. Loved the one of Reagan squating down by her easter basket. I'm sure every day that you see Brooklyn, you can't help but see the hand of God at work. Amazing.

The Speck family said...

Beautiful, beautiful family pics! Those two girlies are such dolls and I agree with everyone....I love your hair! Hugs and love, Kelly

Amy said...

LOOOVE the family pictures! You all are beautiful and the sister pictures are just too sweet. Your girls are amazing, their little smiles just melt my heart. I'm still laughing at the earplug-in-the-hiney story. :) So awesome. By the way, did you cut your hair? So CUTE, love it. Thinking of you always and praying for you!

Hollie Reese said...

Love the hair cut! Your family is beautiful! Your girls always look so happy!