Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Couple of Fun Weekends... Part 1

This is a catch-up blog, worthy of two separate posts. The weekend BEFORE last was Valentine's Day. We had a great, fun family weekend. It was rainy on the actual Heart Day, and we had told Reagan we would play at the park. Woops. So, ChickFilA playground did the trick. Try and hide your jealousy, Rachel. She is SO big and such the climber... she works playgrounds like it is nothin'. This pic is 5 "stories" up.
That evening, I gave R her very first big-kid haircut. I was DREADING this because I just knew her curls would be gone, and I was right. But it had to be done. And she still looks darn cute.
The "after" pic. And it isn't lopsided in person.
Since our park day was cancelled, we hit the zoo after church on Sunday. WAY fun. Here she is peering at an octopus with Daddy. It was HUGE and scary.
Sea Turtles just like on Nemo!
There is a crawl tunnel through the barracudas. Ick. But she loved it!

The Houston zoo has this gorgeous fountain down the middle of it.

This was Reagan "being a bird." Hope you can click on it to enlarge it and see her face. :)
Here we are looking at the giraffes, and the new baby one, Miles. He was 16 days old that day! You can kinda see him with his zookeeper lady if you look closely.
Here you can see him better... Reagan REALLY liked him.

Checking out the cheetah. Learned something new that day... cheetahs make this really high pitched noise that sounds like a bird. Who knew.
This is Max the baby elephant, and his Mommy.
This is one of my little cuties, and her cute Daddy.
Of course we had to pose on this.
Here, you can see that Brooklyn actually did come with us. YAY for the fantastic double stroller! She was an angel.
LOVE this shirt that Aunt Mary got Reagan. Isn't it awesome?! Too bad I don't speak French, but at least it is something I knew.
She picked the lion to ride on the merry-go-round.
This girl would have stayed all day on this thing! It was great!Peeking through a "window" at the city playplace for kiddos.
At the petting zoo, this rooster was pacing the fence. We stopped and looked at him for a minute...
... then he came and looked at US for a minute! Reagan was playing with David on the playground, so I was standing in the corner with Brooklyn in the stroller. I look up, and this is what I saw! Scared me to death! I grabbed my camera and snapped a pic, with no zoom whatsoever. This was how close he was to my head.
I ended up wearing Brooklyn for the last part of the day. I love how she puts her arm!
There are no live beavers at this zoo, but there are fake ones. So, of course, we stop and take a pic everytime we go. This was B's first trip, so we took a pic next to the sleeping fake beaver in her honor.
As soon as we got in the car...
Close up so you can see the ice cream still on her mouth...
We tried this pillow so her head wouldn't fall forward, but no such luck. Poor baby...
This is the picture of her battle scar the next day. On the playground, she busted and split her top lip open. That pretty much ended our zoo trip, thanks to the major blood that went everywhere. I didn't take a picture, but I thought about it.
Can see her busted lip better in this one. It was a first for us.
That's all for now! Will post more pics of our last weekend soon! Hope everyone has had as much fun as we have!

5 comments:

maukingbird said...

Oh my Jodi, I guess I am a real sap. These pictures were so amazing. Those babies are beyond precious! I love the one where R's sweet, adoring eyes are looking at her little sister. Such LOVE there. Yep, tears!! Love to all. Aunt Leslie :)

Unknown said...

That rooster's gonna eat you! Cute pictures. :)

I love your sling, btw. If I ever have babies I totally want a sling like that.

Rachel said...

I was so blinded by my Chick-fil-a jealousy that I was unable to read the rest of your post.

Amy said...

What fun family time! You and the girls are just so beautiful! Seriously, roosters are scary. I remember one time when I was little I was at a friend's farm riding my tricycle and their rooster was chasing me down like nobody's business. He tried to jump on me...what the heck? Glad there was no scary rooster sneak attack and that you are ok.:) And I'm glad you guys got to get out and do some fun things together. Thinking about you all the time. Love you!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I hated we couldn't come home the weekend y'all were there to see y'all in person, but you didn't want what we were sharing, believe me. I can't believe your Granddaddy is 90--I remember them like they were when we moved there 30+ years ago. Your girls are just so precious--for some reason, I just loved the picture of Reagan's haircut, a combination of little and big girl. And Brooklyn is just beautiful and getting more and more expressive. I had a ton on your blog to catch up on!