Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Catching up with Reagan

I put earlier how R is now sleeping in her big girl bed! We have yet to get her "baby" stuff out of her room (changing table, crib, etc) because I still don't know where to put that yet, but she is in her big bed and loving it. It is actually my day bed from growing up! Here she is on the first night, playing on her Dora sheets. Those were a hit for sure.
SIL Missy would accurately say that it looks like Dora threw up on her bed. But the sheets were a big reason she was excited about her new sleeping arrangement!
Giving Dora and Boots pillow "big hugs."
Night night kisses. It was way way way too easy for this transistion. She just did it, and that was that. I was so proud. Now if only potty training would go this way...
That first night, she actually had to move back to her crib about 4:30am. Which was fine, and that was the only time. This pic is from the next day at naptime. I told her she would get a big girl prize if she went night night and stayed in her big girl bed. That did the trick. She IMMEDIATELY asked for her prize when she woke up. (Notice it took no time at all for MANY friends to need to be in her bed with her. She now sleeps with 12 friends I think. Thank goodness the bed is big!)
She specifically asked for her prize to be a "big pickle prize." So we went to the "Bob and Larry store" (Christian book store) and she picked this out. It is a GREAT toy, and even with this being about 2 weeks ago, she is still obsessed with it.
It is Larry in the form of a Mr Potato Head. The eyes, hat, jacket, etc all mix and match.
Next morning, first thing, playing with her prize.
Kisses for Big Pickle.
Another recent morning, she wanted to go swing. Not much fun outside these days in the heat, but early in the morning I didn't mind. So we went out in our pjs to play for a bit, and had to take friends from the bed with us.
Pure happiness on this face!
Yes, we still wear Christmas pjs. :) Here, Dora is enjoying R's slide!
More happiness!
Later that same morning, obviously before we got dressed for the day, R and I had a little sticker fun. She has been quite artsy lately, and this morning it was Diego stickers...
... on the eyelids...
...
... until they were both almost stuck shut.
She thought this was REALLY fun...
... so much so that Mommy couldn't be left out.
The ultrasound morning last week, I pulled out the camera to take some pics. I'm glad I did, because it reminds me of how happy we were to be going that morning.... these were all taken before all you-know-what broke loose. It's funny, but I have to remind myself to be happy about being pregnant still. I can't really explain that yet, and it makes me feel a bit guilty, but part of the rollercoaster I guess. Anyways, here are Daddy and R waiting to see the baby!
R was worried they were going to hurt me, but I kept telling her I was great!
Hugs for Mommy.
Sweet big sister!
Here is part of that artsy phase I was talking about. Mommy is now in LOVE with paint-with-water books. She loves to paint, and I love the little mess.
Brandon got her this GREAT art easel for her birthday. It will be in her room eventually once I get the other baby junk outta there. But she LOVES it and we are really into coloring.
She was concentrating so hard, with her tongue out. But of course it disappeared as soon as I got out the camera. I tried to fake the pic by asking her to stick her tongue out again...
... and this was what I got.
Of course I laughed, which spurred her to keep going. Um, yeah, so enjoy. :)




Brooklyn update: not much to report. We go back to my OB on Friday to discuss where to go from here. We are currently looking into different possibilities of surgery for her... there is actually a clinical trial out of state where they do her surgery in utero. Craziness. We don't know yet if she (really, I) am candidate or not, so we'll see. But please be praying for wisdom for us to make the best decision for our family. It is so scary to try and decide these things. And once the decisions are made, then pray for our peace that we have done the right thing for our daughter and for peace through the "waiting game" we'll be playing. But most of all, pray for complete healing. That is definitely what we want, and I believe God wants me to be honest in what we want. So there you go. Thanks again for loving BOTH of our girls enough to be catching up with what's going on! Much love- J

22 comments:

Amber said...

Love the pic of R on the top of the slide in her Christmas p.j.'s!

Linda Frances said...

Jodi – please send me an email – I am the Diaper Darling’s coordinator for Suzanne Steece and her quads and I am in contact with Hollee if and when she needs a Share the Care team to help her – but I think she may have it under control – anyway – I would like to “talk” to you. I go to North Davis Church of Christ and my daughter Marcie and my son Brad went to ACU.
Linda Gibson - - lindafgibson@tx.rr.com

Tracy said...

Oh my. I love all of the funny face pictures when you asked her to stick her tongue out again! :) ....And her hair is sooo long and pretty! I think she gets that from you!

Thanks for the pictures and updates on both girls. You all are in our prayers! You WILL make the right decisions. You are Mommy (and Daddy) and you know what's best!!!

Kendra said...

Jodi, Those are great pictures. R sure is getting to be a big girl! Prayers are continued for your whole family. We love yall lots!

Alicia said...

OK, seriously.... how old do I feel seeing Reagan on your old day bed!!! Weird.

Stacia said...

My little Jack has his Christmas PJ's on tonight :-) We even read a santa story...I don't think it ever ends for them!

Surgery in utero...wow! I had a friend at work a few years ago that's son had heart surgery in utero...everything turned out great, but I will keep you guys in our prayers as you find out all the information and make decisions.

Anonymous said...

I read this story and immediately thought of you. Sorry it is kind of long but I thought it was a neat story there is a picture that goes with it but I could not get it to paste into the comment box.

The baby was diagnosed with spina bifida and would not survive if removed from his mother's womb. Little Samuel's mother, Julie Armas, is an obstetrics nurse in Atlanta. She knew of Dr. Bruner's remarkable surgical procedure. Practicing at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, he performs these special operations while the baby is still in the womb.

During the procedure, the doctor removes the uterus via C-section and makes a small incision to operate on the baby. As Dr. Brunerb completed the surgery on little Samuel, the little guy reached his tiny, but fully developed, hand through the incision and firmly grasped the surgeon's finger.

In a Time Europe article highlighting new pregnancy imagery that show the formation of major organs and other significant evidence of the formation of human life but a few days after conception, Dr. Bruner was reported as saying that when his finger was grasped, it was the most emotional moment of his life, and that for an instant during the procedure he was just frozen totally immobile. The photograph captures this amazing event with perfect clarity. The editors titled the picture,” Hand of Hope."

The text explaining the picture begins, "The tiny hand of a 21-week-old fetus Samuel Alexander Armas emerges from the mother's uterus to grasp the finger of Dr. Joseph Bruner as if thanking the doctor for the gift of life." Little Samuel's mother said they "wept for days" when they saw the picture. She said, "The photo reminds us my pregnancy isn't about disability or an illness, it's about a little person." Samuel was born in perfect health, the operation 100 per cent successful. Now see the actual picture, and it is awesome...incredible. And hey, pass it on. The world needs to see this one!

I want you to know that I am praying for you and your family and little Brooklyn. I believe that God is going to watch over yall and help yall through this all.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jodi -

Just read the update on you guys and want you to know that we are thinking and praying. I hope to talk to you about everything soon. Hang in there and know that you are being loved constantly!

Love,
Holly Mock

Melissa Taylor said...

Love you and still praying!

Marcia said...

I love the fact that the day bed that was yours… So cool! Things like that are so special! I want to get Addie a day bed too when it is time. I am worried my transition won’t go as smooth as yours! WAY TO GO R!!! I think I could comment on each and every picture by my favs are the "eye stickers" and her with her Dora sheets! LOVE IT!!! Man her hair is getting LONG too… in her piggy-tails it is almost to her ears! WOW

~*~Candice~*~ said...

Thanks for the update on your beautiful family!!! We are praying for you guys!

Love,

Candice

Ashley said...

Love big girl beds!!!!

Still praying for healing and for B. Keep us updated.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love your Brooklyn bump!!! :)

allyo said...

I love the tongue pics. I laughed out loud. We do love you and both your girls! Sending prayers from Fort Worth.

Rachel said...

Fun pictures. I'm jealous that your big girl bed transition was so easy. We're doing better, but it's still not great. Tonight when we prayed with Roselyn, we mentioned Reagan's baby sister Brooklyn, and Roselyn said "Book-a-win" - it was the cutest thing, and she wanted to repeat it over and over. We love that baby already and are praying about your decisions! Love you.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Y'all are very much in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be as you take this journey day by day, prayers for wisdom and peace and joy for y'all and wonderful health for sweet Brooklyn. Hey, I love that y'all play outside in your pj's, too.

Laura Drury said...

Hi Jodi. I loved catching up with your precious family on your blog. Little Brooklyn and your family will be in my prayers. I also have a blog but have it protected so if you're able to post your email address I will add you to mine. Hang in there!

Lasiter Family said...

Just got caught up on my blog reading and wanted to tell you that I will be praying for your family. Kristin

Blake, Kenzie, Wyatt and Walker said...

Congrats to Reagan for moving into her big girl bed! Still praying for you and your family!

Mauri said...

Love the pics of reagan. she's such a ham, and I'm so glad you are finding some comin relief in her during I what I know is a stressful time! Love you guys and am praying for you!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

we're back, Jeff and I have been praying for you guys and glad to here that the first hurdle is a praise. you are precious and know that I love you dearly!!!

The Speck family said...

Hey Jodi~ I just read your recent updates....my heart is with you and my prayers will not stop. You four are a beautiful family and He is going to sustain you during this scary time. Thanks be to God that when we are weak, He is strong. You all are loved! Hugs, Kelly S.