Monday, July 07, 2008

BIRTHDAY Par-TAY!

If ever there were an eternal blog post, it is this one. So, I'll be impressed if you make it all the way to the end!!! But I ended with the video, so that is your incentive. I use this as my journal/baby book, so I had to put everything so I had it on record! Bear with me...
-
We had an all day affair at the Beaver dam for the 4th and for Reagan's birthday. Didn't really feel like a huge party again this year, so we just had the fam. I had a rough pregnancy week last week and was supposed to "take it easy" all weekend. This is really hard for me, especially when I have a party to plan! But thanks to David and all the parents, I didn't do a thing! Except for sit and decorate the cake. That is the Mommy-job.

I must say, in my most humble voice, that I am darn proud of how the cake turned out. Emily helped me get the white icing nice and smooth, and I did the decor. It was JUST what I wanted, and I didn't have to pay a ridiculous amount for a cake! Gotta love the stuff in the box! And yay for finding black icing in a tube!

Finished product. R really liked her "Mimmie yummy cake."
Here she is, right after nap, seeing all her "Mickey Party Time" stuff. She said 100 times that day that it was "party-time."
Here are Katie, Kyle, and Austin waiting for the festivities to begin.
David bought the Mickey ears, and they were so fun!! Reagan loved them and looked adorable, but Austin took the cake. Such a cutie! Can you tell Aunt Mary likes him?!

Reagan also loves her Baby Austin. Sweet cousin kisses!!

More sweet kisses for Baby Austin.
Happy girls!

She LOVED the party blowers David bought. He did GREAT on the party shopping!
Brandon however was not really sure what to think about the whole thing. Poor guy got up from his nap to a whole lot of party commotion, and his face tells you what he thought of the whole idea. And I love how Emily just laughed at him.



We're all gathred in the kitchen with the candle lit ready to sing, and this is where Kyle was. Every party needs a pooper...
She wasn't gonna wait for Grandmommy to finish cutting up her cake for her!

Aunt Mary got her some big kid yummies, cotton candy and pop rocks. Reagan LOVES her some cotton candy... which she calls "sticky bites."
Here she is dipping a piece of cotton candy in the pop rocks. After this, finished her cake. Quite the sugar high coming on!
My favorite picture of the day!!
Just a cute pic of her festive attire.
This present was twice as big as she is! We thought maybe the Isbells bought her a new door, but it was an art easel. LOVE it.
Can you tell what this present was??
Here she is, thinking of if she is supposed to share this big purple ball or not.
Brandon eyeing the ball affectionately, and Reagan still contemplating that mean-Mommy said she should share...
But it turned out just fine!!
They were so cute!
OH! Shout out to my WONDERFUL Daddy for my WONDERFUL new camera! Can't tell you how great it is to have pictures in focus! Reagan has discovered how to look at herself in the pictures recently, so I'm showing her pics of eating cake.
Present Time!!! (everything in R's world right now is something-"time"...)

Love the tongue out...




I love in this one how you can still tell how huge she is smiling just with her eyes.
Aunt BB playing ball with Brandon, and Austin looking on wishing he was just a little bit bigger...
We pulled out the old trusty Mickey Mouse ball so there were two to go around.
Maybe Uncle Turbo wanted to play ball too?!?
At one point in the afternoon, R climbed up to the table and proceeded to put all the leftover napkins under her chin, one at a time. No idea why, guess she thought she needed a bib. But it was so hilarious to watch!
Love the Mickey ears in this one.
Uncle Scott reading one of the new Dora books to the kiddos. Of COURSE the Dora presents are a huge hit in our house!
She was having a funny kinda day. We were getting the table set for supper (David kicked butt with his smoked meat on Friday!), and R decided to help herself to the fruit... all by herself.
Party aftermath... loving all the new presents. Here, doing some Elmo sticker book with Daddy. (she ALWAYS has her ankles crossed like this.) With the rain, we were too pooped out and too chicken to brave fireworks that night. Plus, R would have hated the noise.
Next morning, doing some concentrating on sewing cards with Grandmommy.
Coloring on new art easel.
Sunday morning, on her actual birthday, she got to blow out the candle in her donut. We have found that she LOVES being sung to with "happy birthday", now that she is used to it. She requests it.


She did it!
We actually had to relight and reblow out the candle 3 times... she couldn't get enough!
Not sure what this face is about, but I love it.
Round 3 on the singing and cake. I made another cake on her actual birthday and we took it to Bible study Sunday night. Great weekend for little girls with lots of sugar!
And this was just too fun not to post... her listening intently to the Bible study with Mr. Will. :)
Here is the video of the "cake and party time." It is kinda long, but you'll hear some terrible singing, watch R zone out while being sung to, see some quality control testing of the party blowers, and find out that Reagan doesn't really like the taste of wax.

Happy birthday again sweet girl! For my own sake, here are some of Reagan's favorite things and sayings right now that I can think of off the top of my head:
-
-all things Dora
-retelling a story about a time she cried recently.... "wahhhh"
-"MY do it!"
-her grandparents (apologies for not a single party picture of either grandfather!!! No idea.)
-"Bbbbbb-aman"
-her cousins, and pretending she is running like Corbin... "Iiiiiiiiiiiiii'm donna ditcha!"
-her Purple
-"Mommy hold choo!"
-swinging and sliding
-Big "mimmin' pools"
-"Tittle (tickle) back night-night" to go to sleep
-climbing on ANYTHING that will stand still
-telling me all about the baby in her tummy :)
-singing, especially her "ABCD's", the B-I-B-L-E, and Jesus Of Me (Loves me)
-stickers and sticker books
-eating as much cantalope in one sitting as I will allow her to
-"Where Daddy Go?" and "Daddy home?!"
-calling Dorradee (Cassidee) on the phone, for real or pretend
-"What dat noise, Mommy?"
-getting so good at her manners... says "yes please" without being told!
-readily gives kisses and is such a loving, funny little girl... not my baby anymore!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday sweet Reagan! We love you and can't wait to see you! Roselyn wants to know what else you want for your birthday.

Tracy said...

YEA!!! :) Love birthday pictures!

Bryson walked by as I was reading your post and saw the cake and yelled "MINNIE!!". So he thinks you did a great job on the cake too! :)

She is such a pretty little girl! Notice I said "girl" and not "baby"!! They grow so fast!

Being a Star said...

Happy Birthday Reagan!!!! I love the cake. Trying to decide what kind to make for Marissa next month. I can't believe its been 2 years. She is so cute.

Marcia said...

I must say that you look beautiful Jodi! You must have that pregnancy glow thing going on but your hair looks amazing! YEAH happy b-day Reagan! I had so much fun reading your post!!! Can’t wait to see you guys!

Amber said...

I love, love, love that second picture of you. You look like a little girl. When I saw that it was the first time I thought you and R looked alike. (I didn't know you when you were little like all those other folks.........)

I hope you are feeling better! Hopefully you're getting close to the feel good most of the time phase!

Andrea said...

Jodi, Love the pictures, looks like you guys had a great time! I love the scripture, I wrote it out and sent it to Zach this morning, he is at Camp Deer Run. Love it! Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there!! Love you, Andrea Trout

Mauri said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Reagan! Wow! I can't believe it's been two years. And I'm so glad that blessing on her first birthday has been continually prayed over her... I can think of no great desire for your precious children! Love you!

Laura Marchant said...

You did an awesome job on that cake!!!

Addison said...

Loved the cake and all the pics of Reagan. Can't believe she's already 2. Glad you are doing better. We said some prayers for you!!! Love you

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Reagan! You are loved and adored by all of us. I hope this was such special day!