Friday, January 26, 2007

Sleepy Girl

Things around here have been rather normal for a change! Not much to report on the Beaver Dam, so I thought I would just post a collection of pictures. One of my obsessions with her is watching her sleep. Granted, I don't do this for long because I am usually needing to get stuff done while she is snoozing (or... take a snooze myself), but she always looks so angelic and peaceful that I have to sit and stare for a little bit. And sometimes I grab the camera. Trick is to get far away then zoom in close, so the flash doesn't startle her. Learned the hard way.

Bedtime routine is key for this little one. We get a bath, pjs, read a book with Daddy (if she isn't already too fussy for reading), then nurse and go to bed. She got new books for Christmas (by Max Lucado no less!) that she seems to really like. Wants to eat them usually.
The other key to sleep for Reagan is her Snugglie that she LOVES. She has two, yellow and purple, and is equal opportunity with them. She mostly likes the satin side, likes to hold it and sometimes suck on it for some reason. But no matter where she is, as long as she has her Snugglie, she is a happy sleeper. Some people don't want their kids attached to a blankie or anything, but her Snugglie is a LIFESAVER for us! She just buries her face in it and goes to sleep. Here are some sweet sleepy pics of naptime, falling asleep in carseat, an early Saturday morning in bed with Daddy, and a walk in the stroller when it was windy enough for her hooded jacket.







7 comments:

*Kendra* said...

I LOVE sleepy girl pictures too. They are hard to catch sometimes! They look so sweet that it makes you forget they screamed their heads off all day! :)

Mary said...

I love that she has a Snugglie! She is so precious! I hope that we will get to meet her at camp this summer, maybe! Dane has his Mr. Monkey, his best friend, who I have to schedule time to get him washed and dried before nap or bedtime!

Ashley said...

Just precious!

Marcia said...

That is funny... I have a ton of sleeping beauty pics too. Love it! Reagan is such a pretty girl!

Hollie Reese said...

What a good little sleeper! They are so precious when they sleep!

MereMoore said...

oh she is so cute! i loved looking at all your pictures! reagan is adorable!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

so I had to tape a box together today...thought of Reagan! She is so sweet and funny!