Monday, December 18, 2006

This would be a cool job....


So here are David's friends Christer and Beamer in their first of 4 spacewalks. It blows my mind that this is what David has been training them to do for nearly 2 years.... I mean, they are hanging out IN SPACE! He said that Beamer was out on the end, as far away from the space station and the shuttle as possible, and he was so calm and collected that his numbers seemed like he was asleep! Can you imagine being the one in that top picture?? Such a cool job. I look foward to meeting these guys. Anyways, his crew is scheduled to land on Friday afternoon... a day late. But I should get my husband back now that this mission is over, just in time for Christmas!

In the meantime, I have LOADS of pics of the sweet baby girl that I am dying to share with you all, but I still am not able to get them off of my camera. So maybe once I get to my parents' house I can do that. Just know that if you can imagine it, she is cuter than the last pics I posted of her. She never ceases to amaze me! :)

4 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I watched the NASA station last night-I think I saw David-bottom right-first row? And I watched the astronauts check their gear for their mission today. It was so cool to watch this knowing David is right there in the middle of it all! So cool!!!

*Kendra* said...

Can't wait to see yall! Be careful and have a good flight up!

Kendra said...

We had a nice Shuttle landing today! David, your guys did a great job on a great mission!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I bet y'all are so glad the shuttle is on the ground! Congratulations to David, and y'all have a merry, merry Christmas! Hey, get that card reader, girl, so we can see more of that sweet baby!