Thursday, September 28, 2006


Taking the lead from my friend Susan, I am floored that September is almost over already! So....
13 Things from the Beaver Dam in September:

1. This weekend is David's and my 10 year high school reunion. Yikes. Can't believe we are that old! Should be fun though... maybe I'll have more to report next week.

2. Labor Day weekend was our first weekend in Galveston with my parents and Adam's crew. First time for Uncle Adam to meet the baby girl. She loved him of course. I think the feeling was mutual! And my sweet Adley turned 5. Can't believe how big she is!

3. Last weekend was our second weekend in Galveston at my sister-in-law's family's beach house. Reagan didn't get to actually go to the beach this time, much to her disappointment, but she still loved it out on the deck! And loved seeing her aunts and uncles.

4. The other September weekend was our trip to Dallas for Rachel's (Roselyn's) baby shower. Reagan's first road trip! Rachel also got to stay with us a few days beforehand, which was a treasure to me!

5. Reagan started sleeping (almost) through the night! Our doctor considers a 6 hour stretch as being "though the night", so she is there I guess! She has gotten so much better in the evenings, and only wakes up for one quick feeding in the early mornings. Greatness.

6. Just realized there was another weekend in Sept... can't remember what we did...

7. UT football is in full swing, with one minor setback with stupid OSU. You pretty much know what our Saturdays consist of! Absolutely LOVE college football. Our favorite time of year. Plus, we get to occasionally see my cousin Catherine on the sidelines cheering for the Horns. Fun!

8. I started working at the PeeWee School at our church on Tues and Thurs. It is great b/c I can take the kiddo with me. Don't tell anybody, but she is by far the cutest baby there!

9. David made his TV debut on NASA TV sitting in the mission control room. I am his biggest fan! :)

10. Not so much a fan of T.O. I hate that guy! Can I get an Amen?!? He is a cancer bound to infect my Cowboys. We'll see what happens from here with his "painkillers"...

11. Reagan has learned to stand up. She no longer is content to sit in my lap anymore, she wants to stand all the time. It is apparent she is so proud of herself by the smiles on her face!

12. Oh yeah, and Gloria ate a possum. I found the head, tail, and leftover fur of a possum in our backyard. David said something else could have eaten it, but I don't know what else in our backyard would have! She is the only one back there! Doctor checked her out, she is fine. SO GROSS though!

13. As always, we continue to be blessed beyond measure, far more than we could ever ask or imagine, and far more than we deserve. God is so good to us everyday! We are thankful for a wonderful marriage, family, home, church, friends, jobs... and the list goes on!


3 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Yeah Jodi! Soooo glad you got on the TT13 train. It is a fun way to keep up with everyone
Hope you have a great weekend! And I offer a huge, screaming "Amen!" in regards to T.O. Big ole IDIOT!!

Pearson Family said...

Yep, you are officially in the 13 group. Your September was busy!

Anonymous said...

That "cancer" T.O. Owens (as The Ticket likes to call him) caught three passes for touchdowns yesterday...