Thursday, December 09, 2010

A Year Two Remember

Happy Birthday to Brookie Brook!!

How in the WORLD is she two already?? It blows my mind. We have seen God do absolutely MARVELOUS THINGS for her and through her this year (the past two years, actually!), so I thought I'd go through a year in pictures. To see her post on her first birthday, go here.

~

Last January, the first time I started my day with her STANDING in her bed to greet me in the morning. Pretty much the same everyday since. :) Love it.

The phone obsession is still around, for sure.

In February, she was showing signs of wanting to "pull up," so we got her fitted for her first pair of AFOs. (just got her second pair in November, and they work even better!!)


In love with the swing!

See that hard work?! :)

A little bounce house fun!

Falling in love with accessories.

Pumpkin.

So smart, playing with two toys at once!!!




Her first walker!!! She had that sling thing for balance and to catch her, since she lost her footing all the time!





Second walker! Didn't take long for her to get really good at steering, so she had to get a new one that the front wheels could turn. And we ditched the sling. Made up for it with the BLING.

First day with a bow. :) Of course that MUST be documented.




Some melt-your-heart sister-lovin'.

Some melt-my-heart snuggle-time. Rarely ever falls asleep like that anymore.

The scrunched-up nose smile. DAILY occurence.

Can we tell she likes necklaces?!

Right before we got her straps to help with those crazy turned-in feet!!!

Getting REALLY brave!!!

New straps. SUCH improvement!





Spends a good chunk of time (pun intended) in her high chair. Girl likes to eat, and takes her sweet time doing it.



Check out this ingenuity:


And, this is today. Sweet girl decided on her birthday (while at the mall to see Santa) that today was the day that she was really going to show off her walking. I mean, WALKING-walking. I love this shot. She had just fallen, and is getting up (check out those quads!) all by herself.
Mall-walking with Sister.
We did this for over an hour while David held our place in line. She was in HEAVEN. Open space, dodging people of course, but it meant she had such freedom. And she KNEW she was hot stuff. :)
It's out of focus because she was NEVER still, but this says it all:
To our beautiful miracle, Brooklyn Hope, you are nothing short of a delight. Thank you for being a living, WALKING testimony to the faithfulness of God. I am forever in your debt for sharing your precious spirit with me, and it is a true privilege to call you mine. I love you to bits, DoodleBug.
A few facts for me to remember about Brooklyn at 2:
-only syllable she says is "Mom." It's a BIG DEAL for her, and music to my ears
-her favorite game right now is "Where'd it go?" Her version of I Spy. She signs something, then signs "Where'd it go?" so she can point and say (in her own way) "There it is!"
-she still loves her paci for sleeping and doctor's appts :)
-she loves her crib, and will probably sleep in it until high school if I have anything to do with it
-she worships her sister and copies EVERYTHING she does
-she is obsessed with animals. Horses and dogs are her faves right now.
-she's a Mama's girl, but probably loves her grandfathers more than David and me combined
-she LOVES Signing Time.
-currently uses 80-ish signs regularly
-her favorite food is cheese. And maybe cookies.
-her fave song for me to sing is the Dora theme. For those that are familiar :), she "Uh!Uh!"s at the "Hey Hey" part and "Uhh Uuuuuuuh" for "Oh maaaan" at the Swiper No Swiping part. All with perfect intonation through her nose, just with no syllables
-loves babies. LOVES them. Thankfully she can't talk or she would probably ask me for one
-she's such a lover... will literally smother you in hugs and kisses
-now goes to her own BSF class and is LOVING it
-her booty-dance is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. And yes, she'll do it in church.
-she absolutely loves to laugh, which works great because Reagan loves to MAKE her laugh
-she is showing signs of being left-handed these days.... we'll see!
-did I mention she is WALKING?!
(might have to come back and add to this list later... thanks for humoring me)

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday, to Brooklyn Hope. You are a precious miracle. I prayed for you before you were even "on the way" and I delight in God's answered prayers. Blessings to you on year three as you amaze us all even more on what God is teaching you.

summer said...

She is so very precious, Jodi. (But you knew that!) I love her mall walkin' pics. So, so happy for all of you and celebrate your sweet little miracle with you!

Mauri said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Brooklyn! She is too precious! So thankful for all that God has already done through her little life, and for all the more he will continue to do! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Jodi So amazing! Photos brought tears to my eyes! GO IS GOOD!!!
Marcia

Tracy said...

WOW! Seeing her walk without her walker brought tears to my eyes! Sweet girl!!!! So happy for her! :)

I love how you can see nothing but pure joy in her eyes in all of the pictures!

It is crazy that she is 2 years old already!

Alli said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! Way to be a walking rock star!

Amber said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Can you send those walking pictures to the person who gave you that first scary ultrasound?

Love the sister lovin' pics. I love sibling love.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little angel. Jodi, darling, my heart bursts with happy tears at the sight of your Lovely Ladies. Happy birthday to everyone! Love, love, love from New Hampshire and Great Aunt Joan.
ps. I stole more photos from the Beaver Dam)

Strong Boy said...

It is so amazing to see how wonderful Brooklyn is doing. It is so amazing to see her walking around the mall with her big sis. What an absolutely stunning picture of her in her Christmas dress. God is Great!

Douglas Family