Thursday, October 01, 2009

Kentucky Trip, 8-9mo pics, Sweet Sisters, and a Brooklyn Update

These were about 2 months ago now, but better late than never! We flew to Kentucky for David's cousin's wedding in Aug, and it was Brooklyn's first time to meet all the fam up there! We are busy busy busy when we get to make that trip, and unfortunately this time it meant we took basically no pictures. But here are the few that we did get.
Brooklyn meeting Uncle Mike. She loved him of course. How could you not love Uncle Mike?!
She also loved cousin Scott, although maybe not as much as Reagan. Reagan loooooooooooooves Scott. ;)

Probably because they go way back. Here is Reagan with Scott when we got to see him in California. Yeah, I didn't recognize him either.

Brooklyn: "Who's the guy with the long CA locks??"
Yep, that is pretty much it from the Kentucky trip. I'm ashamed.
~
Brooklyn's 8 month chair pics with Mr. Beaver


I can never just put one, you know.
9 months. At least I'm posting them before I take the 10th!
Got some funny faces this time!

Happy girl bouncing in her jumperoo. LOVE it.
Some sister-love. These two are just too much fun. And they LOVE each other so much.... makes my job so much better!


For instance, one afternoon (awhile back, with Brooklyn in the box) I was doing laundry, going back and forth to bedrooms, laundry room, etc. I come in the living room to find this tea party. R had gone to her room and gotten her fabric tea set and set it up next to the box were B was playing.... offered her a cup.Seriously, how sweet are they?! I know it won't always be this way with sisters, so I cherish these times!
I love how B looks like she is really sipping hers too.
I promise R actually has clothes and wears them often, but in our normal everyday... well, she prefers this. We wear clothes to leave the house. When we come home, she sheds them layer by layer so that within about a hour of being home, panties only. I choose my battles.
Anyways, notice, NO BOX!
This wasn't posed.... I found them like this.
Her butterfly umbrella was one of the best $4 I ever spent. She loooooooves it, and it doesn't pinch, so she can do it by herself. She'll spend as much time as I'll let her outside on our front walk when it is raining.

Random pic. It was the first day I ever braided R's hair, and when I took it out....
First Cowboys game of the season! This was our attire for church that Sunday. Cuties! (I have a whole post coming about our trip to the first game in Jerry's World. Awesome.)
More sweet sister-love. I was trying to take B's pic in her cute little skort, but got this instead. Way better.
And..... announcing (a month and a half late) our official SITTER!
We completely retired the box at the beginning of Sept. She is a champ!! Sometimes she gets over-excited with herself while she sits and throws herself backwards. But she's totally got it.
Another random pic.... this was how she was sleeping one night. Makes me sweat to look at it.
Little cartoon watching early one morning.
I love these two girls so much, it's crazy. And I love these two pictures because they have the exact same eye expressions. Just laying there watching tv, looking so much alike. :)
First day of preschool!! Had to wake up the sleepyhead for us to make it on time.
Her eyes were still swollen. :) Seriously, how do our babies get so big so fast?!?!?! She looks like such a big kid.

Sporting our TX burnt orange and playing on the floor.


Ok, I just read over what I've typed and kinda made myself want to barf! I know, lots of love and cuteness and a gushing Momma. But I just can't help it! Now, it isn't always all sunshine and rainbows around here, but I do love my job God has given me and I love these two little squirts more than words can say. Sorry.... can't help it!
~
Quick Brooklyn update:
You can see in these pics that B spends a lot of time on the floor. She has become a rolling fool!!! YAY B!! She can now log roll to get where she wants, and sometimes where she doesn't. Not a big fan of ending up on tile. :) But we've been working on sitting and rolling for a LONG time in PT, and she's got it!! Now, her immediate goals are getting from sitting to laying down and vice versa. Pretty close! Also, that pic where she is on my tummy... can you see how she is kinda on all 4's?? We're in the beginning stages of that too.... she'll end up there and need a little support (my tummy works well!) then rock back and forth. Awesome! I can't say enough of how proud I am of her. Her PT is really HARD work, and she lets me know it. But we work daily, and she works SO hard and gets so proud of herself! It is precious how she'll light up when she does something new! So, any prayers for her continued progress are of course appreciated!
~
At her 9mo checkup, she was in 60th %tile for weight, 51st for height, and about 120th for head. Whuuuuuuut??!! Yeah, we got big noggins in this fam, and Reagan's has always been in upper nineties, but never off the CHARTS! Knew Brooklyn's head was big too, but this was a red flag. So, Monday we were off to TCH again for another head CT and check up. Her scans are fine, her behavior is normal, and she's showing no symptoms of anything being wrong. So, we were sent home. The surgeon used the word "worrisome" and said to just watch her. So, please be praying that there isn't something going on in her precious little head that is a problem. For now, it's just big. Oh well. Better than sick!!
~
We have her first appt at Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas a week from Monday. I'm really looking forward to this. We've been more than taken care of at TCH, but Scottish Rite is amazing and a great long-term fit for B. So, we'll go visit family and then have a day at the hosp with B on that Monday to start her care through their doctors.
~
That is all I can think of for now. Yay for it being October! Pumpkin patches, costumes, long sleeves (hopefully sometime soon!).... fun start to the holidays!

4 comments:

Brooks Family said...

your girls are geting so big and PRECIOUS! i know what you mean... i look at my boys and think WOW were did the last 8 years go? in 8 more years keller will be driving!! totally NOT fair. but i love catching up with you through blogland. you have an amazing story of your family and i think about your sweet B often ( and R too!)

Rachel said...

Precious, precious pictures! And I'm so proud of sweet Brooklyn! I think her head looks great and is just holding a big brain like her parents! Love you!

Amber said...

I love all these pics and the girls faces! I also enjoy all the new blog posts.

Didn't you type that R is only in the house in just her undies and then you have the outside umbrella pics? Sage was always in her undies at that age. I wonder what it is that they like so much?

Jodi said...

I just meant that we don't GO anywhere in just her undies! The adventure outside under the umbrella only went to the end of our front walkway. She actually had pants on that day, but I took them off so they wouldn't get soaked! :)