Monday, March 24, 2008

A Fun Easter

I'm so behind on blogging it is ridiculous. After finishing up Easter activities yesterday, my memory card was full. That means I have filled it up since my last post! Yikes. So I figured I would post Easter pics, then play catch-up later with all the fun I have yet to show off. Here goes...
Grandmommy gave this to R in her Easter package. She loves it! A bit sentimental to me because Adley had a purple one just like it when she was tiny. :) Too fun! I love her look like she is surprised I am taking her picture... yeah right.
I love this face!
We wore the flower headband on Saturday to dye eggs. Last year it was bunny ears. She was so little!!! And was so serious about her eggs too.
Guess that hasn't changed. This girl is serious when it comes to being crafty. She is trying to figure out that wire holder thing...
Who needs it when fingers work just fine!
Ta Da! Yellow!
Working on the green...

Now checking out the handiwork on the pink one. I know these are all practically the same picture, but I just couldn't decide. I actually left out a lot, if you can believe it.
Drying off the green and blue.
And singing a song about "meen" and "bwoo." We sing songs about EVERYTHING these days... usually to the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle," as this one was. If I remember correctly, this song went "Meen and bwoo and meen and bwoo, meen and bwoo and meen and bwoo..." Quite the composer...
David had to work this weekend, so sweet Isbells came down and went to church with us! Thankfully Scott brought his camera to get pics of Reagan and Brandon because my batteries were dead. But, I don't have the pics yet. So, here she is in her Easter dress the previous weekend at my cousin's wedding. LOVE the dress. She was such the big girl!


Once David got home from work, the Easter Bunny came! She got some new paints, some "yummies", and new Backyardigans plates and bowl in her basket. Plus, eggs were in the backyard for her enjoyment. She went out there and just totally knew what to do!

Some were "hidden" in the grass, others were just sitting in the dirt where grass refuses to grow.
The lady who lived here before had these pots around the yard, and in 4 years I haven't moved them. Reagan used it as the dumping ground for the eggs she had collected.
Then, low and behold, one of them cracked open when she dumped it out. Once she found out there were yummies inside, the egg collecting was over!
Much more fun to just eat the M&Ms out of the eggs!

The goldfish eggs were ok at first, so were the ones with grapes. But after a few, this is what happened to the eggs that didn't have M&Ms. We were cracking up at her just dumping them on the ground!
Gloria took great pride in cleaning up what Reagan so carelessly left behind.
From then on, she just went from egg to egg without her basket, opening it up to see if chocolate was inside. If not, it was left behind.
Check out this look.... :)

Lastly, I finally took some video on our still camera so I could post it. But, dummy, I left it turned up and down the same way I was taking the last picture. So, you have to tilt your head to view it! But you can see her going through her own personal "egg hunt" for yummies. She was serious about all this as you can tell!! Pardon the airplane noise... it is daily where we live.



Watch as she ever-so-sweetly tells Gloria to keep away from her grapes! And yes, we let our kid eat out of the dirt...


11 comments:

Melissa Taylor said...

Love the headbands...love the dyed eggs...love the Easter dress! Such a cutie.

Kendra said...

She's a smart girl! Who needs goldfish when there is chocolate! I love the looks she has in the egg dying pictures.

Marcia said...

Sweet BIG girl.. No baby girl there! Man do I love her dress SO PRETTY! Job is going well... Addie is doing ok. The past 2 FULL days of daycare have been harder on her. I will post soon! Miss ya

Hollie Reese said...

That a girl..only go for the chocolate. I love her easter dress. She looks so cute dying those eggs. We haven't tried that yet...

Rachel said...

I'm pretty sure my kid would go for grapes over chocolate. Well, maybe not grapes, but definitely strawberries. Maybe I'll test that theory. Your pictures are great, and she looks GORGEOUS in her Easter dress. Roselyn has been asking for Cassi and Raygee - we miss y'all!

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

She has the greatest facial expressions. I love it!! Can't get enough.

*Kendra* said...

Ray-Nan, I miss you! Come back to my house! Love, Cow-a-dee, Dora-dee! :)

Mauri said...

So dadgum adorable! She is little miss personality. And, I find like mother like daughter. Be checking for an email from me manana. I have a pic to share with you!

Alicia said...

Love the dress! And love more that she was eating off the ground. Hey, I ate dirt as a kid all the time and I turned out normal! ha No comments......

Tracy said...

LOVE her easter dress! i love that it's not the "typical" easter pink. good pick! :)
isnt it crazy to see how much she's changed in one short year?! wow!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Sweet pictures! They figure out egg hunts so young! Her dress is beautiful!