Thursday, March 28, 2013

Catch Up, One Month at a Time: NOV

I am offically going back to blogging!  It is ridiculous that somehow this has fallen by the wayside... it has always been so important to me!!!!  UGH.  So, I am going to do snippets of the months I was "out" and get caught back up... since it is almost APRIL.  Sheesh!!  I'm quite tempted to just start with today and go from here... but I won't do it. "I won't", I tell myself!!  :)  This is kinda my scrapbook, and I need documentation of those months I missed.  So, here's what we've been up to the last few months!
 
Thus, here come bits and pieces of Nov:
 
David and I got to go to a couple of games of the Texans this past season.  Couldn't care less about that team, but pass up free tickets to any sporting event in a suite?!  Nope!!!
 That would be Brook.  Goober loves her some Spiderman.  :)
 Little superhero cousins!!!!  My girls were having fun going through the dress-up clothes they find at their cousins' house... WAY different with boys!
 A pretty girl on a pretty day.
 Another pretty girl!
 Some more of my babies.  This was the day I took a bunch of pics of their cuteness, ended up using them for Christmas cards.  That bandage on Brooklyn's face: she fell out of a chair on our kitchen tile CHEEK-BONE-FIRST.  It split wide open and bled for about 8 hours.  She didn't need stitches, but it did leave a tiny scar.  :(  So, for our card, I only used pics where she was looking to the right so the bandid didn't show.
 

Pics from the fall.  I thought I butterflied it SO well! Covered the butterflies with a bandaid...
..and in a could hours it would look like this.  She was a trooper though.  And sorry if you didn't want to see her bloody bandage... but I wanted to put it here in case someday she asks about where that little scar came from on her cheek.  :)  It just makes her more special, right??
 
 LOVE.

 
Rare occasion that we get all dolled up!!  David's company Christmas party.
One morning before school, when they were extra cute and I had to take photos.

Ponytail pic for her Granddaddy.
One of the last nights that they slept together in the tent... sleeping exactly the same way.  Love it.
Soon after this, we moved them into Reagan's room, where R sleeps in her bed and B sleeps on the trundle below that we pull out.  R was just getting too big for the tent, and we also found that they were bothering each other more than we thought.... now they sleep MUCH better, still together, but "apart."  :)  I love that they love to be together so much!
 

And of course, Caddo.
This would have normally been a Beaver year for Thanksgiving for us, but since my Granddaddy was making the trip from New Mexico (he had been staying with my Aunt and Uncle since getting out of the hospital from the car wreck in Aug), we just couldn't imagine not being there with him.  And we had a fabulous time, as always!  All of these I put on FB, but I needed them here too.
Family Photo.
Oh, how I love these people!!
 Our fam with Granddaddy.
 All the kiddos of the next generation that were there.
Brooklyn, Adley, Reagan, Brady, Corbin, Baby Madilynn, and Cason


 Artsy shot for Adam's FB timeline.  :)
Kids' tables for hot dogs
 Oh, my wonderful Granddaddy.  With his fuzzy hat and scarf and overalls eating a hot dog off of a stool for a table, there was NO resisting taking this picture.
 Missy chose the ground.  :)
 Brooklyn begging Corbin to do who-knows-what.
 Cooking around the fire. Some of my best memories in life are RIGHT HERE.
 Again, irresistible. 
My girlies get lots of kisses from Uncle Amoo.  Love.

 Melissa and her VaVa.  Aunt Bessie is my Granddaddy's older sister, and SO beautiful!
 I just liked this one of Missy holding Corbin and James with Cason.
 Gathering to pray.
 Brooklyn as Brady's hood ornament.  :)
 Kids' table at Thurs meal.
 LOVE.
 Love their mouths:
 Sweet cousins.
 Aunt Bessie talking to Reagan.  I asked them both to look up for a second so I could snap their picture, but I don't think Bessie heard me.  :) 
 Brooklyn getting some more cousin-love.
 Father-son football
 This was the HIT of the trip.  The kids would wrap themselves up in this hammock and beg my dad to push them up like a swing.  SO fun.  Also made for some good lessons in waiting your turn... :)
 SPARKLERS!
 Emily showing off her skillzzzz with Adley  :)
My Daddy had to do Brooklyn's for her because she was having NONE of that fire-stuff.
I tried and barely succeeded in some fancy camera-action.
 3 of my favorite men.

 This picture of them cracks me up
 I found Brooklyn just quietly playing by herself at one point by this boat.  Just humming and dropping leaves inside.  She isn't quiet or by herself much, so it just melted me.

 This pic melts me too.
 Annnnd this one.
 This one, not so much.  :)
December is up next!  These holiday posts are long, but I'll get there eventually!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Yay for returning to blog world!